cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Sourcing Options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone leveraged other options than customer material information records to determine customer ship from locations for a specific product mix ? I'm looking for some ideas and to see if anyone has leveraged APO to do this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark, thanks for the info. I was hoping to see if there were any data driven ways to configure this capability. With the amount of changes, new product introductions, sourcing changes, direct plant programs, I was hoping to not get into writing rules based decisions. Have you implemented this in an environment ? If so how was ongoing maintenance of the rules ?

Thanks

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas.

Not GATP specifically, but I have implemented product substitution using the same GATP rules procedures. There was indeed a fair bit of churn each planning cycle but we found that this could be managed through the use of a LSMW loading new rules data each cycle.

This was actually seen as an advantage in the business scenario that this applied to as they needed to review thier rules as part of the planning cycle and doing it offline to create the upload file was convenient for them.

It will depend very much on your scenario.

Good luck, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have not had a look at this before ... it might help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/ef/22b1e4947a324285c2d7b24f117a82/frameset.htm

as for avoiding writing rules, your transportation lanes can be created by Purchase info records (but you might have to manually block the lanes)

if you dont plan to integrate it with the info-records, you might have to implement a process for setting up new products and sourcing changes though

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenarion where I'm looking to determine based on order and product combination which location a customer purchase order should ship from. Customer master information records only go so far. I need to ensure that the complete order (could be based on tolerance ) can be sourced from a specific location. The challenge that I have is that multiple locations could satisfy an order and I want to make sure some of those never get included. In other instances If I have direct plant shipping opportuntiy and the customer has been set up for this program I want to go to this location first. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas.

Sounds like you need Global Available to Promise (GATP) which will determine where a customer order (not sure if this relates to your "customer purchase order") will be fulfilled from. The determination can be controlled by rules and include stocks in different locations, production plans, product substitutions and even available production capacity.

Try this as a starting point:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/26/c2d63b18bc7e7fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/26/c2d63b18bc7e7fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm</a>

Hope this helps.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you considered doing it by runnning SNP heuristics?

set up transportation lanes (blocking the ones that it should not source it from) and by using priorities on the lanes , you should be able to run SNP heuristics to generate planned orders from the relevant locations.

you might have to maintain a fair bit or product master data and relevant fields in it

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you elaborate the scenario. It will help better in giving ideas.

Thanks,

somnath

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome to the APO forum where you have a better chance of being answered

Marilyn