cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Samples Quota for Sales Reps on Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

There is a business requirement that sales reps should only be able to give out a certain amount of samples every month. Each sales reps have their own set of customers and let's say can distribute 50 samples to whichever customer(s) he/she decides. Once he/she goes over the quantity of 50, i would like some warning/error appearing on sales order create/change stopping them from putting in an order for any additional samples. Is there anyway to set this sample limit in SAP?

Thanks,

Elaine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To have more clear & complete solution, I would recommend to go for semi standard than finding solution in SAP standard.

My proposal is:-

1. Create new sales document type for selling/issuing samples to sales reps.eg: ZSRP

2. Sales reps also needed to create as customers(eg:Internal customers). Maintain a Ztable with all these sales reps.

Table: ZSLSREP---> Sales Org + Dist Channel + Sales Rep(customer code)+Billed qtty+RetQtty+Total qtty(Billed Qtty-Ret Qtty)+Target Qtyy + No Order allowed check box(Target qtty-Total Qtty)( (these qtty fields are auto updated whenever Invoice/credit memo for returns, Field "No order allowed check box should update, if Total qtty exceeds Target qtty, but Target qtty must be entered manually during table maint.)

3. Order creation using order type ZSRP should be allowed for the customers listed in Table ZSLSREP

4. This table must update twice, one-after returns order creation & after invoice & credit note for returns creation.

Note: You may need a table to declare when this ZSLSREP qtty fields has to update.

Regards,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Warren mentioned in the user exit maitain a custom table.Csutom table will have customer and material (sample materials) entries. I am guessing these materials are new materials or you can get those materials. Matian these materials in the custom table and copy customers from sales orders created.with the help of code you can refer this table you can give error message if sales order exceeds 50 for a customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

At the order Save, you can have check,

orders having sales rep. = X

Select orders from last 30 days (required period)

Pass orders to VBAP table and select if they have Samples

if Sample quantity is greater than 50 (required) through error.

Thanks

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is you sales rep is defined as customer in SAP means SP or SH ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Not necessarily, how would that help?

Kind regards,

Elaine

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Userexit MV45AFZZ and update to a Z table which is also checked against current SO stock.  Need to consider returns and rejected items too for the update.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Warren,

As you indicated having to consider for returns and rejected items, among other things would make this more complicated than what I was hoping for. I know we can almost happen using code but I was hoping for a neater, more standard solution.

Thanks,

Elaine

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no functionality for this, unless there might be something in an IS like retail or consume products.

Hope it helps

Waza