cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order- Delivery Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

A sale was created in our Point of sale system (non SAP) on 31.10.2013. Due to some delays, the Idoc created Sales order in SAP on 01.11.2013.

The SO creation date in SAP is 01.11.2013, but the Document
date/Billing date/Requested Delivery date/Pricing date/First date/ PO date  was on

The process of creatring Delivery-PGI-Billing is automated. (I'm yet to find out if its through BAPI or???).

In the above case, the Delivery document was created with 'Planned GI date' as 01.11.2013 and Doc date on the Delivery docket is also 01.11.2013, which is correct. But, since the Filed-' Actual GI date' was not populated and left blank, its defaulted the current date. I know this is standard SAP behaviour and the Posting date on the material document is filled using the 'Actual Goods Issue '  date.

Following this, the PGI was carried over with Material document having the posting date as 01.11.2013.

Billing document was created with Billing date as 31.10.2013, because the Billing date on the S.O was 31.10.2013.

Now, to address this issue, what I think about is making use of 'Routines'- Data Transfer- Deliveries.

Auto populate the 'Actual GI date' (LIKP-WADAT_IST) on the Delivery document with the Sales order Document date. (VBAK- AUDAT).

So, when the PGI happens, the Material document will have Posting date as 31.10.2013 (=Document date on the Sales order). Hence forth the COGS does not get stuffed up and the Billing document, as before gets posting date as 31.10.2013..Hence, the Sale booked in October gets COGS hits P&L in same month as of sale (October) and the Billing happens for the same month-October.

Manually, when I work this out, it is OK...Provided the FI & MM periods allows the transcations to post.

When I look at the Routine currently used in VTLA..Copy controls for Sales order and Delivery, I see

standard routine 001-Header being used in Data transfer.

My Question:

1. Am I taking the right approach?

2. I think its better to copy the existing Routine 001-Header and then add our piece of code into it. Assign the new Routine to all identified SO Type- Delivery type in VTLA.

Is there anything else I have missed out? Pleas epoint me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Shilpa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any thoughts, anyone??

Thanks,

SS

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa

After reading your process and issues I have some thoughts in my mind.

1. First of all try to find out the issue why system created sale order after delay of one day. This is the route cause of this issue and try to solve this so that everything should work fine.
  2. If point 1 is failed then you have various options to control this. In your process three dates are important. Sales order document date, actual delivery date and billing date. Sale order date is something which doesn't effect any accounting/material document. You need to change two dates. Actual GI issue date in delivery and Posting date in billing document header.
  3. For actual GI date you can use userexit or BADI. I think routine won't work here because actual GI date comes when we click on PGI and routine works in copying data not filling some field at the time of save. Try some delivery userexit or BADI which you can get easily from Google and modify actual GI date as reference document's date which is your sale order.
  4. For billing in standard system takes actual GI date as billing date and when you will change actual GI date then I hope system will take it from delivery and create the billing as per actual GI date. You won't need to do anything for this. Standard system will take care of it.

I hope I have made myself clear.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

I think I have managed to crack this issue with 'Routines' itself.

Any further questions on this, I will seek help from SCN.

Closing this as of now!

Thanks,

SS

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for updating the status. Could you please share the logic how did you control this with routine and what logic you have used? It will be beneficial for me and for other users as well.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there!

Yes, I took the approach as I have mentioned in my 1st post here.

Created a new routine with the above mentioned logic and assigned this routine ion TTLA- All identified Sales order type- Delivery document type configuration.

Thats worked a treat!

Regards,

Shilpa

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for for this upodate. I will check this.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, typo- Its VTLA..