cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple issuing for output type in shipment document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the shipment document, there is a field for overall status. when planning is clicked in shipment,  overall status is 0. when "check in "  is clicked , then status is 1. similarly there are other status.

we have two requirements as follows,

1) we need to send a Z output ZPAN  (EDI) when the status is changed in shipment document as above . we are considering defining a new output type. in the config, we will mark it relevant for multiple issuing..

A ) Now we will define condition records based on shipment type only. We want to trigger output type as and when status of shipment is changed as said above. So when shipment is created, ZPAN is triggered based on shipment type. As soon as planned status is changed, system will record that there is a change and then it will trigger ZPAN again due to muliple issuing.........is this correct......? what are the negative effects of checking multiple issuing in config.

or

B )should i create condition records with shipment type and status field as two key fields... which is a better option , this one or A above.

C) We also need to define a new EDI output type ZTMM which will get trigger when delivery is added to shipment. The same output should trigger again when the assigned delivery in shipment is unassigned or an additional delivery is assigned. How to handle this. Should I just enable mulitple issuing for this output   and just define condtion records based on shipment type as key field ? will this work or do I need to take some  other key field into account

D) If I use shipment type as key field in conditon records for both ZTMM and ZPAN outputs above, then they get determined a soon as shipment is created. Then how will we meet the objective of triggering ZTMM only when delivery is assigned to shipment and to trigger ZTMM again when delivery is unassigned ?

regards

Pamela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pamela,

Option A is a good option and it will work. Every time you change a status message will be determined if previous message has been printed.

You can also define your ZTMM as multiple issuing multipleis suing. Transportation planning status in VBUK (VBUK-TRSTA) will change every time you add – remove a delivery from a shipment and message will be determined once you open the delivery in modification if previous message has been
printed.

Until you don’t save the shipment this status is not updated in the delivery but unfortunately this doesn’t trigger a new output determination in it. You need to develop a program that opens and
saves the deliveries or use for instance VL06O (list of outbound deliveries) to select and update the deliveries so the new output is determined and printed (automatically or from VL06O  itself, in that last case in selection screen type in output type ZTMM in output proposal).

Regards,

JM