cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New metric - File Text Pattern Search

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is somebody has an example of what the SEARCHPATTERN parameter should be formatted in a new metric?

Data colelctor: Diagnostic Agent (Push)

Data Provider : File Text Pattern Search

Parameter ID : SEARCHPATTERN

I'm trying to monitor the change of some profile parameter like "login/min_password_lng = x".

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I have done some other tests based on your recommendations but still doesn't work.

I simplified the SearchPattern to avoid any strange character and just did a seacrh on the word "proposed" as indicated in the screen shot below. I did a few change in the profile to activate this metric, but it stayed always red.

Is there somewhere some clear documentation with clear example of what can be done.

What I need is not so complicated but SAP seems to have done this simple monitoring very hard to configure.

Regards

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fabrice,

I could not find any clear documentation, if you find some information or your results are achieved, please share with your findings. From my side, I will inform you if my settings are ok.

BR,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

whats your solman version. I am sure this is very similar to the olden days ccms cen monitoring.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/47/68a457f72217fbe10000000a42189c/content.htm

Check out here some example of how to maintain pattern given, try with single word like "error"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/aa/60e143a530d642a4841a45499605e0/content.htm

Best regards

Jansi

0 Kudos

It's ok now. The recommendation of a SAP Consultant helps me to understand what was happening.

The data collector, I was using, is returning the number of occurrence of the text I need to find. With this information it was easy to set-up the threshold accordingly.

I have attached screen shots for your information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I managed to get File Text Pattern Search to work for single files. You may find the following link useful

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp08/helpdata/en/e0/3ca88ea4994e5f945536c8d910844a/frameset.htm

However, I have not been able to get regular expressions to work for the parameter FILEPATTERN as mentioned in the documentation. I am using the pattern drmon_*.log which should search all files in the specified directory. However, I am getting zero alerts raised. When I set the actual file as drmon_<host>_<sid>.log (actual name entered) then the search works and alerts are raised for the search pattern I entered.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? I am using Solman 7.1 SP8. If this is a know issue I will raise an OSS for SAP to investigate.

Regards,

Richard

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fabrice,

I'm working on a template right now, and that's how I've found your question.

As I can see in the help for the parameter, you can get occurrence of a specific file pattern inside a file.

So, according to your requirement I think you may use it like this:

I hope that in your practice these information could be helpful:

FOLDER: Absolute full path to the folder containing the monitored file(s). Wild cards are not possible.

FILEPATTERN: Regular expression for file name

SEARCHPATTERN (optional): Text pattern to be searched for as regular expression

ENCODING (optional): Encoding format of the file. Possible values are:

UTF-8 (Default)

UTF-16

DELTA_READ: Specifies if the file should always be scanned from the beginning or from the last location.

TRUE : Only the additional file contents since the last execution are scanned

FALSE : All file contents are scanned.

Unfortunately, I can't test it on my system yet...

Please share with your experience, I'm interesting in it, because I work with templates too

Regards,

Artem

0 Kudos

Thanks for the comments. For now it's still not working with only the data collection informations. What i'm trying now is the same data collection as indicated below :

And a specific text threshold :

But it doesn't work !

Regards

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried to set /usr/sap/STG/SYS/profile/ <- with slash? Unfortunately, SAP doesn't keep a union concept for values and sometimes you need put /, sometime not, the same with "; . ,"

Yesterday I set similar parameter in my system, but I don't know when I transfer it for the target system and get a result.

BR,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dont use the parameter search pattern, and the wild card character will not be supported, its case sensitive too.

- Try with the own parameter PATTERN_<n> like PATTERN_0 or PATTERN_1  define your text as value.

-  or with the SEARCHPATTERN parameter try to give the exact string , without *
Let me know whether it worked.

Best regards

Jansi