Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAA connection issue

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

in solman_setup->Managed System Configuration I open an technical system.

Therein I assign a Diagnostic Agent to the system and click on "Check Host Agents".

After the check I get the following error:

HostAgent check errors for host <servername>. Please check details. CheckMessage=Host agent version
exception : com.sap.smdagent.plugins.connectors.webservice.SAP

In Agent-administration I have also checked the log and therein I have a lot of the following errors:

Cannot established a trusted connection to SAP host agent webservice.
(SAP Host agent version installed doesn't support trusted connection method)
<SAPHostAgentTrustedConnectionConfigurator.java:117:setupTrustedConnection()>

I have maintained host_profile as required. Does anyone have an idea what is the problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chrisitan,

Download latest Diagnostic Agent from Market Place. Uninstall current DAA and install this one which upgrades your Saphostagent to version required by Solution Manager. Remember to register agent whith information required dirong installation.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Please update the SAP Host agent to latest available.

Below SAP note and Knowledge article will help you check and resolve issue further-

1867395 - Error: PhysicalHostPushJob: The diagnostics agent os user daaadm is not authorized to esta...

1862333 - Common Host Agent issues displayed in Agent Administration

Thanks & Regards,

Nisha

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx to everyone for help.

But I doubt that it is an Version or Installation issue.

Because we have other Servers which are using the same DAA-Version and it works.

Is there a possibility to check host-Agent?    

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes go to command prompt in windows or login to unix and enter

/saphostexec —version
former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to work with system monitoring in Solution Manager you must install diagnostic agent, and host agent.

1. Host Agent: the host agent work with outside discovery to collect OS data information

and managed system by the Adaptive Computing Controller (ACC)

For Solman 7.1 the SAP Host Agent must be at level 7.20 SP83. Check note 1365123 in the following section:

IMPORTANT: In any case, please pay attention at least to 6 essential rules,

Which are described in the attached slides

Solution Manager 7.1 requires having at least a SAP Host Agent 7.20 SP83

2. Diagnostics Agent: the Diagnostics Agent must be configured in Solution Manager for Root Cause Analysis function,

It allows to perform a connection between SAP Solution Manager as the managing system

and the managed system(s)

and then to gather information from the managed systems and reports them to the Solution Manager system.

You can also install it as a standalone engine,

for example if you want a non-SAP system to be managed by SAP Solution Manager Diagnostics

For more info please see the below link:-

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26888

Regards,

Himanshu