cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad or Missing XML Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

VC Patch 3, installed and connecting to Portal NW04 SP9.

After connecting to portal, if I click on the "Data" icon, I see the following error:

Fetch Error: Bad or Missing XML Object

Parse of Result Error: Bad or Missing XML Object

I see the same error when attempting to deploy to the portal.

Has anyone else experienced this error and resolved?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

VC Client machine needs MSXML4.0 and Adobe SVG 3.0.

Please make sure you have those installed.

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both are installed.

Did another re-deployment of the sda files and this removed the XML object error plus systems are now showing.

Message was edited by: Michael Wilder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I am also getting a similar type of error after applying a patch (NWVC60P_4-20000504.zip). Will you please let me know what exactly you mean by redeploying of sda? & procedure for same ? Do we need to download any thing?

Thanks well in advance.

Regards,

Sunil Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

First I used the SDM (Software Deployment Manager) to remove all SDA files installed for Visual Composer.

com.sap.visualcomposer

com.sap.visualcomposer.BIKit

com.sap.visualcomposer.BIKitQV

com.sap.visualcomposer.portalcontent

You don't need to uninstall Visual Composer. Next, redeploy the SDA files for Visual Composer. The information for which files to download and deploy are in the VC install guide, this can all be located in the Software Distribution Center - https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/swdc. Just make sure that you follow the steps exactly and install the correct version of sda files or you'll have to repeat the process.

If you have the same issues after this process, try using an earlier patch level.

Regards,

Michael

Answers (0)