cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable HTTP tracing/Logging in the SAP J2EE Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear all,

I am trying to understand the procedure which I need to follow to enable the HTTP/HTTPS traces and logs in SAP PI server. We have SAP PI 7.11 SP05 installed for PI.

I have searched for the details on service market place & found one note speaking of same task but applicable for SAP-JEE 6.40 to 7.02 only. The note number is 724719. I also went through the help document - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/64/0b59010a65de44be4f26cb57b9580d/content.htm but it does not speaks about connectivity related HTTP traces or logs enabling.

We have some connectivity issues with Partners while using AS2 seeburger communication channels as well as HTTP connections. We need a way to trace the failure during connectivity so that the root cause can be fixed for that issue and we can avoid message failures in future.

If you know of any way to trace these connectivity failures kindly let me know (settings or note references). I have seen SMICM trace files and they don't seem to display required details of the connectivity failures..Also please let me know whether the PI server writes these traces by default at any location on server or not.

Many thanks and best regards,

Rajesh S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Try changing the logging level for tracing locqtion com.sap.engine.services.httpserver and the subtree in http://xxx:yyy/nwa/log-config. This should give you more information in the defaultTrace file.

Kind regards,

Koen

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

For Seeburger AS2 connectivity issue you can find in seeburger workbench message monitoring.

you can also check the java trace from NWA for HTTP connection issue.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

Thanks for reply., I am trying to check for Logs at below location in NWA but it shows Blank screen,

NWA->Problem Management->Logs & Traces->Log Viewer.

Is this location correct or I am checking wrong place ? Please guide.

Thanks & regards,

Rajesh Shinde

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

If the log is not visible then you need to check trace level setting in NWA. Please refer the reply from Keon to set the trace level in NWA.

Regards,

Harish

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Try to take a look at the Seeburger Workbench -> Message Monitor.

This is not a standard feature, So I do not know if you have it available.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dimitri,

We have the Seeburger workbench -> message monitor option available but it will show only the messages which failed during delivering to partner via AS2. There I don't see any option to check further details of the connectivity issue.

Also, I am trying to set up tracing for other business scenarios which are using HTTP & HTTPS connectivity and where we face issues during message delivery.

If you know of any way to check for HTTP connectivity failures please let me know.

Thanks & regards,

Rajesh Shinde