cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering MDM Workflow based on field value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Requirement is to trigger MDM workflow for catalog items based on specific field value. For example, if field Supplier Part Number has value NONE or NULL, it shouldn't trigger workflow, else if a value is present in this filed it shouldnt trigger WF. Can anyone help me in setting this validation expression and how to include in the MS visio template. To which workflow step I need to assign this validation. Thanks!

Regards

Reddy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vangala,

As a workaround what you can do is, let the workflow be launched on Record Add or Record Update.

Design a workflow in following way:

Start step --> Branch step ----> If Supplier Part Number is NULL then STOP(Use stop step)

---> If Supplier Part Number is NOT NULL , then workflow should follow the process.

Hope ot helps.

Reply in case of any queries.

Regards,

Rohini Joshi.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vangala,

How do you plan to run this Validation - A scheduled Job,Portal,manual or some other mechanism.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be executed using a Validation in Data Manager( for your check)

In MS Visio you can use a Validation branch icon and call the Validation which was created,

Validation Branch can have 2 links, like if the Validation returns TRUE process continous for the workflow, else if the validation results FALSE,you may connet to a STOP step.

Regards

Shifali

0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Based on the requirement please choose the actions that trigger the workflow:

§ Manual

§ Record Add

§ Record Import

§ Record Update

Please refer the below link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90990743-91c0-2a10-fd8f-fad371c7e...

I hope that will help you.

Thank you.

Regards,

Raja Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

May be not exact to your requirement.

As MDM Workflow cannot be called on a validation..You will need to write a validation in workflow and then check in it.. if condition satisfies it stops else the workflow continous...and this workflow should be launched on your request configured(like Import/Update/Add)

Regards

Shifali