cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Jobs/Task Scheduler rights...

ken_stieers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey all,

I've got DataServices installed in a distributed manner, the management console/APS on the BI Platform server (BOPROD1), and the Job/Access server on its own box (DATASVC1)

When using the DI scheduler, to schedule jobs, it creates the AT job in the Windows Task Scheduler, and the job is set to run as "SYSTEM" 

When it runs, it fails with the following result code of 0xFFFFFFFF in Task Scheduler and the job info doesn't update in the DataServices Mangement Console.

If I change the job to run as the DataServices machine account it works fine... I can change all of the jobs, but that's sort of a pain to remember if you tweak schedules once in a while. (Deactivating/Activating changes the job back to running as SYSTEM).

Any ideas??

Thanks!

Ken

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ken_stieers
Explorer
0 Kudos

I rebooted the DataServices box and now it works.

Something to note, the account running Dataservices on the DATASVC1 box needs to be an admin on that box so that Scheduled Tasks are created correctly... I'd made it admin, then restarted the Data Services account but I'm guessing something was hung up somewhere as its happy now.

Answers (0)