cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your content ... has been rejected by an SCN moderator.

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm little tired to receive this kind of message without any informations. There is no mail, no name of the moderator ..

If I have made a mistake how to know which one ?

regards

Fred

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

Go to Actions tab, you might have some reason, check notifications tab as well.

Reason: Moved, Link Farm, Accepted etc.

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Reason: Incorrect.

It looks like the answers of my user-key

regards

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Frederic,

Normally moderators follow http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-19331

I think they might found something incorrect in the previous discussions or abusive reportings.

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, but which one ..

To be a moderator means also to follow some rules and to explain his action ..

I close this thread, but I'm really dissatisfied about this SCN

regards

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you are not finding solution for rejection, feel no problem with our action as well.

"If there is no solution, it is because there is no problem." - Good to have this positive spirit

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

I'd like to be able to help.

Perhaps you can share where the contents were posted, what they were.

I could try to investigate further.

I'm sure this really is discouraging and I'd like to see what I can do to improve the experience.

Feel free to Direct Message me.

Marilyn

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't believe it. I tried to reply to your post and managed to do an abuse report instead... I feel really stupid.

Anyway. I don't know the content of what you posted, but presumably, the moderator felt that what you had posted was not correct. Perhaps if you shared the thread in which your post was made, and the content, we could give more information.

When I reject content, I may well give a one or two word explanation. Given the volume of posts I deal with, I certainly don't send a message with a detailed explanation to the poster.

I'm a bit confused why people get so upset about having posts rejected (and I'm definitely not singling you out here; it happens quite often). I've been online for years and have loads of stuff rejected. It happens. I don't think what I post is of such massive importance it's worth getting upset about.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might have replied to a question that was afterwards reported and rejected. Consequently, the replies must disappear as well. Maybe you have received the mail based on such an "indirect" rejection.

I regularly see your replies in the ABAP spaces and very much hope you will continue to contribute. Maybe try to be more selective about the questions you get involved with. If it looks like a FAQ, spec dumping, "did not search" or the likes, steer clear and rather hit the "report abuse" button.

Thomas

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Perhaps it was this reply on WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE THREE LEVELS..in attribute*?

Hi, 0 --> define when you will create your object and could be modify 1 --> define when you will create your object and could not be modify 2 --> define with the same value for everybody reg...

This entire thread has since been rejected so restoring the reply won't help anything.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah - I remember this one now - it was me who rejected it. The question was "what is the difference between a static, instance and constant attribute" (a very basic question, covered in help.sap.com and elsewhere).

The answer given by Mr Girod was incorrect. I can't remember the exact terminology, but it was just not right. Something about static variables not being able to be used in methods or something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So does that mean if any moderator judges a answer to be incorrect it will be moderated and subsequently deleted from the post even though it could be relevant so someone else . Although very unlikely moderator may not have understood the question correctly as some times as we all are prone to err.

Today one of my reply got moderated in BI platform just telling its being moderated and will get email... I am yet to see a email with reasons..

From my understanding it was a valid reply with a screenshot may or may not be 100% correct...

BTW how many percentage of the replies are correct... We all just try to help with what ever limited knowledge and experience.. 

I went through the ground of rejection and its no where to be these if a answer is wrong constitutes a case for moderation..

Grounds for Rejections of Posts or Removal from the Community

1. Points-cheating: Creating, rating, responding to any content for the purpose of increasing one’s own or another’s points.  This includes collaboration with other users to rate content highly, creating “fake” users to rate one’s content highly, or any other points-motivated activity that does not benefit the community at large.
  2. Defaming another member: Posting content that discriminates against members based on any perceived differences, including but not limited to differences in culture, race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and physical ability. Read more on SAP’s diversity values.
  3. Infringement on copyright. If, after reviewing a submission to SCN, we find that some of the material in the document appears to contain inappropriate content, we will remove it. Terms of Use require that all content submitted to SCN must be original content created by the author or reproduced with the permission of the content copyright owner. If you want to post previously published quotations or passages (from print or web sources), illustrations, photographs, or graphics, you must have written permission or license from the content owner.
marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for clarifying Matt but I then would have to say in defense of Mr. Girod, that such rejection without qualification is really confusing!.  Fred can only learn what he did "wrong" if there is public discourse around that.  Just deleting his response might in fact lead to more wrong postings.

I can fully understand Matt's short fuse with incorrect information being proliferated, but it sounds like Fred genuinely didn't "get" the dynamics of the delete or reject. 

And I guess we do see that in certain areas (ABAP for example where there are unbelievably high numbers of questions, contents, responses) the style of moderation is a bit different.  Perhaps we can think of this as the nature of a neighborhood.  While the Rules of Engagement are guidelines there is some level of autonomy inside the various spaces that are governed, cultivated, nurtured and policed by a certain group of moderators.  It's a delicate balance of playing by the rules and being attentive to the local customs.

M.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I try to give as much information as is necessary. It's clear that some people need more explanation than others.

I used to send direct messages when rejecting content - but it just takes too much time. Anyway, having a post rejected shouldn't be the end of the world or a reason to stop contributing. There is no value-judgement on the person as an individual. If I could get the history of what I'd rejected (like we used to be able to), I'd at least be able to address concerns when they're raised here.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this instance, the entire thread was rejected. Mr Girod's post was factually incorrect, so rather than just leaving it, I rejected it with a note that it was incorrect. Something like "static attributes can't be changed by methods". Well - the can.

If the question posed had been rather more than extremely basic, I would have challenged Mr Girod's post in the thread. But it wasn't, it was rejected, so I didn't.

Unfortunately, I have no way of finding out what post of yours was rejected nor why. However, I always give a reason in the notes. I do not follow up with an explanatory email.

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for further explaining, Matt.  Like I said, there has to be some measure of autonomy in your space.  I imagine the ratio of people unhappy with the moderation style is rather small, given the huge flow of content in the areas you moderate.  But as I see it as my job to take When such questions arise it's very helpful to have you (the moderator) share your thinking and I agree, I wish there was a good way (as there was in the past) to see the history and have a record of understanding.

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm little surprise this morning, I don't want to create problems here.

So at first, I really appreciate you , please don't call me "Mr Girod", "Fred" is better.

I was really not sure about my answer I was waiting for others people helping me on this topic. I could understand you have a lot of work here. That could be nice if the forum of SCN could let me see which answer was remove, because I have answered two times and I can't see it anymore.

Again Matthew I don't want problem with you, I appreciate your work on SCN.

Regards

Fred

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From now on, I'll use Fred. I think I'm too used to working in a German environment.

I don't think you've caused any problem - just generated discussion that clarifies things for many people. It's all good, in my view.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

I looked through the records the best I could and see two of your replies were rejected. However, the entire threads were reported and rejected: reversing any accidental moderator actions won't make a difference now because the threads are hidden/removed.

My suspicion is that you received the rejection notification because you had a reply on a thread that was rejected: the rejection of the thread sent a message to all participants.

Do these threads look like the ones where your content was rejected?

• Re: how to call popup window in web dynpro in ABAP Development
  • Re: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE THREE LEVELS..in attribute? in ABAP Development

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are complaining about not getting a reason, but look at your own complaint, there is no evidence listed, no link link to the content, no screenshot, It is not known in which space it happened. There is no option for caring moderators to reach out to somebody who might have done it to educate him to improve it next time

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the action tab I only see this.. with no explanation..

There should be some categories of rejection at minimal that a rejection should be associated with. Just to at least give some broad idea on it ...

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even I got the same notification without any reason.  I found Coffee corner and got to know that it's a place to take a break, lighten up your mood and share what you feel like.

I posted about my experience with SAP but it was rejected after 4 days, without giving any reason. Really disheartening. I can't even get to know what went wrong, so that it does not repeat.

No reason, so you don't know'anything, and you might repeat it unknowingly .

There has to be a reason explained.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I blogged once about a revelation I once had, where I saw four horseman on a hill. The moon turned to blood and the sun went black. My blog was rejected.

But then I thought - oh well, it's not the end of the world.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you really want everything in a written form and that the moderators and the posters stick to the written words? Do you really think this is better than common sense?

• If you see a discussion with an incorrect answer, jump in and set it straight.

This can mean anything from adding a reply to correct that response till reporting abuse and rejecting the content.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification Jürgen L

I totally understand believe the moderators do a really great job by spending time of their own maintaining the forums pretty neat and usable.. I really appreciate the great work.

And I do agree on  the point "If you see a discussion with an incorrect answer, jump in and set it straight." but does that not mean jump in to the discussion and clarify an approach will not work for the benefit of everyone...

But the post which I am focusing(there might be many more such example)  is is very relevant with a screen capture and even the posted thanked explicitly in the subsequent posting already.

So what would be the reason to go back and remove a reply which the posted has already appreciated..

Also if a answer is incorrect is not a moderator can just post this approach is not correct so that the person who posted the discussion and the person who replied can learn that this is incorrect and will not work

Also my humble request to our moderators to put at least a couple of words while rejecting a reply... that will be so much helpful ; how the person replying suppose to know what is wrong with out a single word and ensure not to do the same mistake allover again..

We all learn from mistakes but we need to know what is wrong to learn from them

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I always put a note explaining the reason for rejection.

As Jürgen points out there is more to moderation than just applying the rules. It's necessarily a subjective task. If you have a list of rules, then there are some who will constantly be testing the rules, or whining that a rule wasn't applied. I find it better to have guidelines.

Edit: - it might have been me who rejected your post. I just checked your profile and recognised your photo. If it was me, check the rejection notice and you will find a note of explanation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt,

I would not really thought about it if the entire tread was rejected or locked with any reason which can a duplicate post...

but the post is still there in BI platform and not rejectedhttp://scn.sap.com/message/14521993#14521993

Only my comment is rejected and then after the original posted said thank you... That is when I did not understand whats wrong with my post and I am still wondering..

I have checked my emails and notice but not a single word is there.. also if you remember could you just let me know what was wrong in my reply..That is all I want to know..

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah - wasn't me then. I don't moderate that space. Sorry I can't help.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are more moderators in a space than the few you may now because they do not hide in public.

The room for a note is limited, I often would like to give long answer, but it is just not possible technically. Hence I had put my thoughts into a personal blog and add this to the short note when rejecting.

technical difficulties - the note has to be saved before you click reject, this is quite different from a reply to a discussion where you just type your reply and click Comment button. If the note was not saved before clicking reject, then the user does not get any comment.

removing an answer even after being marked correct or helpful is necessary if the answer violates the forum rules.(e.g. plagiarized answer, posting link farms...). The OP cannot legalize an answer with assigning points.

Matt and I are repeating often and in public that we add our comments to any rejection, and we would like to see it from others too, especially because our abuse reports are sometimes rejected and we would like to know why too.

I have today 45 (survived) discussions in MM, one has 39 replies, the others between 2 and 8. This all has to be read. Okay some just briefly, others in more detail, you can calculate yourself how much this is. Not to forget about 20 abuse reports, some are opened by myself, some are from others, in any case I have to write a statement, either why I clicked abuse or why I approved/rejected an abuse report.

In case of blogs and documents, and even sometimes in replies we check for plagiarism. This mean doing a search e.g. with Google and comparing content. Once found, it has to be reported in a document in the moderator space. Just imagine how much work this is, when you open SCN in the morning a see already 3 blogs for approval.

And then all these extra discussions here about why it was rejected. Sometimes feels like ground hog day, or a soccer match between England and Germany. They still talk about 30 minutes regarding this goal in 1966. Believe me, I know already when I reject the content, that this question is either posted in this space here or that I get a private mail. But I take this "risk" to keep the house clean.

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And that risk is low as the ratio of mistakes made by those in this thread are relatively few to my observation.  I applaud you all for being so transparent in your explainations and transparent in your critique. I hope it gives the posters some insight into "a day in the life of a moderator". And inversely good that we can raise issues with the way something was handled and discuss, civilly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jürgen L & Marilyn Pratt for your reply...

Really enjoyed to read about SCN top moderator's daily activity list which I would have never got a chance to read otherwise so at least learnt some thing new here

Just to keep the records straight neither this reply was marked helpful or correct nor liked nor I copied any copyright material what to ever.It was a just a regular reply with screenshot from my own machine which I can paste here (but don't want to) with one honest motive to help someone in need just like someone like you in the forum.

There is neither any personal gain here and neither any perceived gain posting this reply. But I just can not leave something alone something not right and not to the core value of the forum.

I never have  any intention accumulate lot of SCN points..The only reason I reply is driven by my passion for the topic and one and only one intention to help some in scenarios which I have been already and learn some new things in the process

I really like both of you and follow you as well. But if there is something is wrong why there is any slightest of hesitation telling that this practice is wrong how small or large it might be. I am not pointing at anyone but point to a practice. However how can any one stand by something which is either not right or a mistake and which sends a impression we don't need your contribution or we will shut you up if you do not shut up..

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Durgamadhab Mishra wrote:

But I just can not leave something alone something not right and not to the core value of the forum.

I think you can let it alone now. It's unlikely you'l get an explanation, and in the great tapestry of life and suffering, there are far worse injustices than having a post rejected on an internet forum.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot answer your question, as I have only moderator access rights to my own spaces, nor could I validate the reply (except for plagiarism)  as BI has not yet a place in my skills.

Such discussions will probably go on until this comment field becomes mandatory.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Members,

1. I agree with Matthew

and in the great tapestry of life and suffering, there are far worse injustices than having a post rejected on an internet forum.

2. An observation is that we get "disturbed" when our content is rejected (or criticized etc.) And we demand (or request) for explanations. Seldom have I seen, a member standing in protest for someone else's contribution rejected!

This gets us back to the concept of "my contribution"...."my content"...

3. This forum is not "ours"!

We might participate in it but what we write here is not ours. And it is subject to the "interpretation or subjective evaluation" of RoE.

I try to adhere to give without any expectation of getting (in any form)....except for the learning got, which no one take away from you.

(I might not away follow this rule, as it is a difficult one to follow)

Comment - The above are my personal views.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For every rejection we will receive notification under actions as guided by Jitendra. if not then please share your received messages screen shot and lets know to the SC team. Accordingly they will make note at your respective forum.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you must have got a notification for the same concern. At the top right check "Actions".

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the notification is empty

just the standard text, not more, not less