cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

descriptive characteristics in product master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have got a question about descriptive characteristics. I found the classification tab in /SAPAPO/MAT1. Is it possible to append certain descreptive characteristics to a product in MAT1 for every product?

If yes how can I do that?

Are ther Prerequisites?

If I can append the characteristics in MAT1 would it be possible that SNP includes those charcteristics?

Thank you very much and kindest regards,

Eva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

I believe you are getting confused between CDP and descriptive characteristics, they have different functionalities.

It is possible to use descriptive characteristics in MAT1, but by maintaining consumption group in Demand tab

- Descriptive characteristics are the characteristics used to classify the demands other than the usual product/location characteristics. These descriptive characteristics can be like customer, sales org., etc.

- For this you need to create a consumption group with the required characteristics in SPRO.

- Then you have to assign this consumption group to the location-product master.

- While releasing the demand from DP to SNP, you need to mention this consumption group.

- This will release the demands with descriptive characteristics to SNP.

- In the RRP3 transaction, you can see these characteristics by clicking the green triangle in the demand line item.

For more details on this you can refer to SAP help link;

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm700_ehp02/helpdata/en/04/c9c23b95c8466ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sourabh,

thank you very much for your answer. I almost estimated that I mixed up something. The green triangle is used for both. That's a littlebit confusing....

Kindest regards,

Eva

Answers (0)