cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Business step and Disposition is passed to OER/EM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system landscape is Java Application --> PI --> OER/EM.

The XML,those will be passed  to OER from Java application will have same Event code but different business step and disposition value.

I have to create condition to check on the basis of business step and disposition value instead of internal event code..

Can anyone kindly tell me the underlying parameters those are used for business step and disposition fields, when data is passed to OER from PI .

I believe, It exists somewhere in the class /SAPTRX/CL_EH_EVENT_MSG_MODEL.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ratnakar,

I don't feel I completely got what you mean, but let's give it a try.

Business Step and Disposition Value are transferred in clear text but are getting converted to their internal representation later on. The customizing which applies can be found at

SPRO -> SAP Customizing Implementation Guide -> Auto-ID Infrastructure -> Settings for SAP Object Event Repository -> Master Data -> Vocabularies - ID Mapping

The EM-Parameters can be found at the Event Message Parameter mapping:

SPRO -> SAP Customizing Implementation Guide -> Event Management -> Event Messages, Status Queries, and Web Interface -> Event Message Parameters -> Define Parameter Mapping for Event Messages

If you didn't copy the PTA10-Customizing to a Z* Version it'll be mapping Profile PTA10_ID

Regards,

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am working with Ratnakar  in the same issue. Let me explain the issue with more clarity.

The scenario is having business steps tag commission, packing , loading .  These business steps are configured as master data in AII as well as OER . we have created  a custom status profile  with staus item values as  commissioned, packed , loaded and assigned to  custom EH ZPTA_10.

we have assigned event message extn table for PTA30_ID  to this custom  EH ZPTA_10 & usng the ruleset  of PTA10_ID.

Now want to add a new rule in PTA10_ID ruleset to change EH status to  commissioned, packed , loaded when these business step happens in AII & correspoending msgs are posted to EH.

I see most of the  Rule conditions in EM use internal event code  as means  to check the eventcode.

In my scenario i think  i can not use the internal event code as all the three events are of  type objectevent.

so need a means to differentiate between tag commission, packing , loading. so thought of using business step value as the differentiator .

so the question is

How  to retreive the business step value from event msg posted  in a custom EM Condition functions to use it as a condition the way internal event code is used?

I see these  event msg parameters posted getting logged in /SAPTRX/PTAHV  tables in EM.

Can we use internal event code for  ECPCIS events like  object/aggregation?

appreciate your thought on this.

Regards

Tusar

former_member182680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tusar,

I see. Probably the following code snippet is what you are searching for.

DATA: l_evm_tables  TYPE /saptrx/evm_tables,

l_evm_model     TYPE REF TO /saptrx/cl_eh_event_msg_model,

lt_evm_hdr_ext  TYPE /saptrx/bapi_evm_hdrext_tab.

l_evm_model ?= i_eai-eh_model.

l_evm_tables = l_evm_model->get_event_data( ).

CALL METHOD /saptrx/cl_eh_model=>convert_evm_hdr_ext_data

EXPORTING

it_evm_hdr_ext  = l_evm_tables-hdr_Ext

IMPORTING

e_parameter_tab = lt_evm_hdr_ext.

In addition, you might consider to map the internal event message parameters to their external representation using

CALL METHOD /saptrx/cl_pub_id_convert=>convert_single_id( ... ).

Regards,

Uwe

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

from the standard activities you can use CHECK_PARAM_VALUE to check the value of an event message parameter. In the case of PTA scenario there is the drawback that you would have to work with the internally used mapped values, e.g. "FMCG    0DISP     0001" instead of "urn:epcglobal:fmcg:disp:sellable_accessible". So either you can live with that or you create your own activity and include the mapping as proposed by Uwe into that.

Example for usage of standard activity CHECK_PARAM_VALUE to check disposition for value urn:epcglobal:fmcg:disp:sellable_accessible :

Cheers, Daniel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all...Thanks Uwe & Daniel for the reply...

@Uwe: Could you bit explain about the i_eai-eh_model parameter that you have mentioned.

@Daniel: I believe, Its the answer that I was searching for.

former_member182680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I_EAI is part of the EM activity function's signature.

To see, what is also part of the EM activity function signature, go to

SPRO -> Event Management -> Reactions to Event Messages -> Define Rule Sets and take a look at the registered function modules in section "Activity Functions". You can use any of these a a template for your own activity function.

If you place the above mentioned code snippet in such an own function module, you can evaluate event message parameters in your own code at runtime.

Regards,

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Uwe & Daniel for the reply.

I have one more  query here.

Can we post  object/aggregation events are expected events?  I see PTA10_ID treats object/aggregation events as unexpected events.

Is it possible to associate overdue monitor to these events?

Regards

Tusar

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tusar,

in the standard PTA scenario no EE are available. But you can copy the PTA scenario and add an Expected Event Profile or add Expected Events via an activity depending on your scenario.

Of course Overdue Monitor will then also recognize these Expected Events.

Best regards,

Steffen