Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Org structure in Fresh SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to SAP SRM, and very curious to know:

Suppose i worked on a particular system and created a Org structure.

And i got a new system, I wish to get everything from the old system (Like Org structure and other related stuff to SRM)

Is there any possible way to do so ? or i have to start from the very scratch ?

Regards

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check the following link? I think you can use program RHMOVE30 to do this.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30397

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the both replies, I got to learn something from them.

However, now i would like to make my self more clear, what exactly i am looking for:

consider Machine1 at Location1 has SRM-1 installed, and i have already worked on Machine1.

Now I have got Machine2 at Location2 has SRM-2 installed and it is FRESH. (no data, not even in ECC)

Now, is there any way to export the data from Machine1 (SRM-1) (in any possible format let say: xml or any thing) and then import in one shot in Machine2 (SRM-2)

Or in short words if my explanation is same as Mr.Konstantin's remark

(I do not know any standard solution to migrate an org structure and other related stuff from another SRM System (may be except "Complete System Copy").

If something like "Complete System Copy" exists, then i am looking for the same

Thanks again for the quick replies

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Generally organisations don't duplicate data unless it is meant for disaster recovery; in such case anyway system backup is taken on daily basis. There should be single organisation structure and then you can look for replicating it in whichever system you need. Otherwise, duplicate org structure may lead to operational issues going further like inconsistent results coming through workflows etc.

Though you may look for initial upload of SRM org structure from M/C-1 to M/C-2 but ideally you need to look for end to end solution to synchronise two machines for any changes done on any machine. In such case, which machine will supersede the other, you need to identify first.

The entire organisation structure is based on the relationships & BPs which are kept in SRM tables like HRP1001, BUT000 etc. If needed you can look for transporting these tables across to the other machine.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanx for the reply, the info is coool. I believe we are reaching near to the solution.

Though, I have two comments(+ further query ) on your 2nd and 3rd paragraph.

1. Though you may look for initial upload of SRM org structure from M/C-1 to M/C-2 but ideally you need to look for end to end solution to synchronise two machines for any changes done on any machine. In such case, which machine will supersede the other, you need to identify first.

you mean initial upload of SRM org structure is possible from one M/C-1 to M/C-2. If yes, I do not need M/C-1 later

2. The entire organisation structure is based on the relationships & BPs which are kept in SRM tables like HRP1001, BUT000 etc. If needed you can look for transporting these tables across to the other machine.

Now i may need a quick hint, so I can search on my own:

should I look for "Transporting all SRM tables from M/C-1 to M/C-2" ?

would that be appropriate search ?

Super Thankx

Sanjay

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I think someone needs to look at your detailed requirements to give you exact solution. There are dependencies & risks associated as you know, SAP is well integrated system. I can not advice to transport few tables as it may have bigger implications later.

As this conversation unfolded, I see that SDN may not be the right platform to give you end to end solution. We can just give you point solution if you are stuck.

I hope you will appreciate my views and shall consult with someone who is well experienced at your location who can understand the end to end requirements before jumping on solution.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the support so far, I understand my query is really complex, but i believe now I can close this discussion here.

I will say I have got my answer

Regards

Sanjay

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

First of all you need to create root organisation node in PPOMA_BBP. This will be the base node on which the entire organisation will be build. Then there are reports RHALEINI and HRALXSYNC to trigger the replication and synchronisation. I hope your organisation has been build in backend SAP system which you want to replicate into SRM.

You can search for more links on these reports.

Regards,

Ravi

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

SRM has 2 options.

1. Synchronization with HR System via IDOCs

2. Manual maintenance (in that case many customers have their own reports to speed up the maintenance tasks)

I do not know any standard solution to migrate an org structure and other related stuff from another SRM System (may be except "Complete System Copy").

Regards

Konstantin