Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For New SAP installation

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have got new requirement for SAP installation which is based on ECC 6.0 EhP6 on Windows,Oracle platform, it is for testing & training purposes.

Before request to creATE any users from Windows side

From my assumption,

Part-1:For Local Inst Type ( Coz its not for Prd n out of landcape)

Do We need to run SAPInst and DB from root user(admin) user?

Will SIDadm,service users,DAAadm and <DBSID> be created automatically while running SAPInst? Else Do we create before running SAPInst?

Part-2: For Domain Inst

Suppose If am going for domain inst what are the users need to craete in Windows side & what to be assigned in "global group SAP_<SAPSID>_GlobalAdmin"

Please guide me and correct me if am wrong.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dheen,

All the required users sidadm, SAPServiceSID, sapadm and <dasid>adm will be created automatically by sapinst. Difference between local and domain installation is user accounts storage only.

In Domain installation, all the user account information is stored centrally, in local installation stored locally on single host, and its visible from this host alone.

regards

kartik

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable information.

Let me know one thing  I am getting newly build sytem from Windows team. From which user do we run SAPinst and DB its like Any administrator access user?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dheen,

You should use Administrator user to perform the installation.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak for giving the appropriate solution.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

My first reply is answering this question.

You need to start the installation with sapinst under the Administrator user.

If you read the installation guide it will tell you what needs to be done.

Regards

RB

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You all experts for giving the valuable solution.

I feel now am good to proceed

Once again Thanks

Regards,

Anvardheen J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my environment the guys looking after AD insist on creating the <sid>adm accounts and relevant groups in advance.  And they've given me a sapadmin account which 'owns' the SAP server group so that we can do installations and upgrades with the needed rights.  It seems to work pretty well.

Regards,

Graham

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take note that if you go with a domain for users and the ID running the installer does not have the privileges in the domain to create IDs your installer will fail to finish until the IDs exist.

I have also had issues with the SAP installers for 7.31 and 7.4 using the SIDadm approach to perform the install, switch to my own ID (that has local administrative privileges on the server) and have the DBA grant me access the installers run without issue(s).

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Do We need to run SAPInst and DB from root user(admin) user?

Yes. The installer should be started under the Administrator user.

Will SIDadm,service users,DAAadm and <DBSID> be created automatically while running SAPInst? Else Do we create before running SAPInst?

They will be created automatically.

Suppose If am going for domain inst what are the users need to craete in Windows side & what to be assigned in "global group SAP_<SAPSID>_GlobalAdmin"

You may check the installation guide as it has the information for the Domain installation.

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=0110003...

Regards

RB