cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality for Variant Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to know how inspection characteristics assigned to variant material as we use super routing for a configurable material. first we have super routing for a configurable material with object dependence and I need to make in process inspection for the variant materiel with no routing cause its linked to the configurable material.

kindly advice.

Regards

Ahmed Rouby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

I understand that whenever this variant material is produced, you want to do in process inspection.

Pl ensure that you have completed following steps after linking it to configurable one,

• Once the material variant is created, you need to link it to BOM and Routing of the configurable material. Use CS40 to achieve this. Enter variant material, BOM usage and alternative BOM. Press enter and save the assignment.
  • Next you need to do material assignment in routing of configurable material. Go to CA02 (change routing of configurable material), open the routing header, choose Matassignemnt and enter Group counter, variant material and plant in the pop up screen.
  • Go back to routing, open the Group counter, select the operation and click on Inspection characteristics. Add required MICs. Now save the routing.
  • Next you assign the 03 inspection type for the Variant material. Do this through MM02 QM view. Add inspection type 03 and mark it as active.
  • Now when the order for variant material is released, inspection lots would be generated and you do the result recording.

This way you would be able to do in process inspection for your variant material.

Hope this helps !!

Regards,

ntn

Answers (0)