SAP TechEd Discussions
Join the conversation around SAP TechEd! Discuss details of technical sessions and workshops and anything else conference related.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap TechEd 2013 Amsterdam - What did you like and you did not ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all ... I am a newbie in SCN and a customer of SAP, more specific of BO.

I attended SAP TechEd for the second time. The first one was in Madrid in 2011.

What I liked.

• I had the chance to talk with people from Labs and got an insight on where SAP BO is supposed to be going. Remember the disclaimer in the beginning
  • The labs, I wish they were more of them.
  • Exchange ideas and thoughts with experts
  • The venue, difficult to get better than Amsterdam
  • Food was by far better than Madrid .

What I did not like

• No USER session. SAP should really consider organising sessions with the audience being JUST customers and the panel consisting from SAP experts. An hour of question time in specific Areas. This is missing. The network sessions do not allow much interaction either due to busy scheduling or it is too crowded and my problems are also some one problems somewhere in Europe.
  • Network sessions, in some cases is like listening to stereo sound but left and right headsets are transmitting 2 different radio stations.
  • No Sales person. Ok, it is a Technical Conference but it does not hurt to have someone from sales with basic knowledge and give indications for  pricing and licencing options.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The venue, difficult to get better than Amsterdam

+1

Food was by far better than Madrid

+1000 (especially the lunch on the last day was great: couscous, Arabic rice and turkey with a spicy sauce)

On the negative side compared to Madrid you have to set the weather

3 REPLIES 3

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wasn't there in person but I enjoyed watching TechEd online live and I appreciate the recordings.

Good summary by you

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The venue, difficult to get better than Amsterdam

+1

Food was by far better than Madrid

+1000 (especially the lunch on the last day was great: couscous, Arabic rice and turkey with a spicy sauce)

On the negative side compared to Madrid you have to set the weather

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I really liked the sessions. It was great to that the speakers was persons from SAP's development or implementation teams.

They are very knowledgable about the products and could answer even tricky technical questions. Thank you for that!

The only downside was the internet access. The lines were really poor and I could rarely connect to my company via VPN. 

Best regards,

Hans