cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in DC Build Using NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

ERROR: Check for used DCs failed: Illegal component usage: compartment "xxxx" does not use compartment "sap.com_SAP_BUILDT_1" of used DC "sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro"; using DC: xxxxx(xxxx).

Please give me a solution its urgent.

Thanks a lot

Joe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Solved it by editing the XML file in CMS.

Navigation:

CMS ->Landscape Configurator->Software Components->Software Components for Development->View/Edit XML content button.

Entries should be like this(for 2004s).

<dependencies>

<used-compartment>sap.com_SAP_JTECHS_1</used-compartment>

<used-compartment>sap.com_SAP-JEE_1</used-compartment>

<used-compartment>sap.com_SAP_BUILDT_1</used-compartment>

<used-compartment>sap.com_EP_BUILDT_1</used-compartment>

</dependencies>

<build-variants>

<build-variant name="default" required-for-activation="yes">

<variant-mappings>

<variant-mapping used-compartment="sap.com_SAP_JTECHS_1" used-variant-name="default"/>

<variant-mapping used-compartment="sap.com_SAP-JEE_1" used-variant-name="default"/>

<variant-mapping used-compartment="sap.com_SAP_BUILDT_1" used-variant-name="default"/>

<variant-mapping used-compartment="sap.com_EP_BUILDT_1" used-variant-name="default"/>

</variant-mappings>

</build-variant>

</build-variants>

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is indeed the second cause.

Have you fixed it by syncing the sc dependencies automatically or did you fix it manually? When you did it with the sync button, you should have seen a yellow light with one of the sc's being developed. If you then go to the xml (thru the path you gave) you should see two xml's next to each other and you can accepted the changes with the missing dependencies there. After doing so, you can save the track and your problem should be solved.

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Possible reasons for this error:

- There is no dependency in the SLD between the SC you want to develop and the required SC BUILDT (<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/e95ac0a0302d56e10000000a422035/content.htm">link</a>).

- If you have defined that dependency in the SLD, your CMS probably is not in sync with the SLD. Try to sync the SC dependencies thru the CMS then.

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth

inpot those 3 required dc(JBUILD,JTECH,DIBUILD TOOL) using CMS check in tab, I think this should fix the problem, if you have probs let me know

Regards

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sreekanth,

plz explain your issue and its background a bit in detail.

and if i presume your JDi in place and you are working with a fresh Track then did you define the usage dependency between your SC and the SCs SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECHS and SAP-JEE in SLD?

Regards

Shobhan