cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Date in SO vs Outbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a case where the delivery date calculated in Sales order and Outbound Delivery are different. In our case all the dates of the Outbound delivery is updated by APO.

Route has a Transit time of 6 days and as per route Calendar 1st Nov is holiday.

In sales order, MAD is 28th Oct 2013, Loading date and GI date  is 29th Oct 2013 and Delivery date is 06th November 2013.

In Out.Delivery, MAD is 28th Oct 2013, Loading and Planned GI is 29th Oct (Actual GI is 28th Oct) and delivery date is 07th November 2013.

The dates calculated in Outbound delivery is correct as Loading date + 6 days of transit +3 days Leave results in delivery date to be 07th November.

Why Does Sales order calculate Delivery date as 06th November? What are the possible reasons for it? Maintaining a calendar at Stages of a route has any Impact on this calculation?

Regards,

SudhaharN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Kindly check the Lead time in Sales Order Document and also check the Material Master data for the same.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kundan

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel, system is dong in correct way.

MAD -28/10/2013

Loading date and GI date -29/10/2013

System is calculating delivery date as of 7/11/2013 after consideration transit time 6 days from 30th day to 6th it means from 30,31,1,4,5 and 6 ( 2 and 3 are holidays ).So,based on this,system is giving you delivery date as 7/11/2013.

Kindly ,let me know if you have any doubts on this.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

My question is why SO is calculating the Delivery date as 06th October.

Regards,

SudhaharN

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Whenever Route has been added in delivery(Outbound)--then system will take the time mentioned in Route also---IMG>>SD>>basic functions>>Routes>>>Define Routes>>>Define Routes and Stages(0VTC)---in this if we maintain transit Duration(in days),

Travel Duration(in Hours/Mins),

Transportation lead time(in Days) and

Transportation Lead time in Hours/Minutes--can also be added in finalizing the delivery date...

(This time in days will be added  further to your MAD+Pick date+Pack date+Loading date also your shipping time at your shipping point configurations)

Hope this helps

Phanikumar

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly ,share the sales order of shipping tab under schedule line tab at item level and also delivery of processing tab ,check in header level of delivery doc.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Sales order Shipping tab under schedule line and delivery processing tab is attached below.

Regards,

Sudhahar N

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I remember correctly ,you would have created sales order on 2013/11/06.On this date 11/06 ,you dont have material available quantity .So,in this case ,the system would have generated new delivery date with confirmed quantity on 201311/07 in sales order ( check under schedule line tab at item level of sales order ).In sales order ,2013/11/06 is a requested delivery date and in outbound delivery ,the delivery date is nothing but the customer should receive his goods on this date.

Thanks,

Naren