cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KA consignment stock - storage type issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

After raising a KA consignment stock pick-up I have made my return with delivery type LR.

To my surprise,the goods are directed automatically to storage type 910 (GI Area General) and not to 904 (Returns).

1- How at this stage can I change the storage type assignment?

2- For future settings, how can I make sure goods returns from consignment pick-up KA are ending in 904 (Returns)

Please let me know.

Thank you for your help

Kind regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

Do you mean Stock type as in Unrestricted use, Returns. Or do you mean storage type as used in WM?

If your stock type 901 (GI Area General) refers to unrestricted and 904 (Returns) is Returns, then my question is why do you want to bring the consignment stock back to Returns? Because stock in Returns Stock type is non-valuated stock, whereas your consignment stock would be valuated stock.

Regards

Pronojit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pronojit,

What we did to solve the issue is play with the following 2 tables:

1- "Movement Types in the WM System": combination: Warehouse + Mvt Type

Whse: XXX Mvt type: 256: Cancel GI general

Src: 904: Storage Bin: Returns

2- Interfaces/ Inventory Management/ Define Mvt Type/ LE-WM Interface to Inventory Management:

Whse: XXX / Reference: 632/ Mvt Type: 256

Then we create a storage bin from LS01n and named it "Returns"

and now it works.

Kind regards

Chris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for updating the forum, Chris.

Regards

Pronojit

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Movement type are controlled by Schedule Line Category.  So check your KA order what schedule line is flowing.  Next go to VOV6, select that schedule line category and execute.  There change the required movement type. 

Moreover, I am not sure, why a new movement type is being configured when standard movement type 632 is provided by SAP for schedule line category F1 which is for document type KA.

Coming to your current issue, you cannot change this for the already created document

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for you answer however when checking customizing the movement type entered is 632.

Here again I am not talking about mvt types but about storage type which is different.

Perhaps I should check customizing for storage type determination in case of KA consignment pick-up scenarios.

What do you think and how shall I check this determination in SAP?

Please let me know.

Kind regards

Chris.