cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install SAP-License-Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

we want to implement a SAP-License-Server-System in our SAP-Landscape. Is there anyone , who has experience in this topic?

I'am searching for a installation guide for implement a SAP-License-Server in a NW AS ABAP 7.02 Landscape.

Looking forward to your help

Best regards

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the steps.

Setting Up a License Server System and Client Systems

Use

Use this procedure to install the required license keys and set the profile parameters for operating the license server system.

Procedure

1.      Set the following profile parameters if they have not already been set.

Profile Parameters for Configuring a License Server System Group

Name

System

Description

rdisp/mshost

Client system for a license server

Host name of the message server that is used for the virtual host name. NI functions determine the corresponding virtual IP address.

slic/serverhost

Host name of the license server system (if this parameter is not set, the system assumes that it should not connect to a license server system.)

slic/serverport

License Server System

Specifies the port of the license server system. You can specify the port directly as a number or using a network service. If you do not specify this parameter, the default value saplicense is used. If you configure this service using DNS or NIS, and distribute it to your servers, you do not need to maintain this profile parameter in the profile of each system.

slic/buffer_entries_dig_sig

License Server System

Number of license key buffer entries that are managed by the library for digitally signed license keys.

Number of buffer entries for client systems. These buffer entries exist only in the license server system.

slic/activate_server

Instance profile of the license server system

Notifies the server that it is a license server system and activates this

2.      Import the license key into the license server system with the software product LICENSE-SERVER_<DB>. To do this, in transaction SLICENSE in the license server system, choose the tab page Digitally-Signed Licenses ® Install (see Installing Permanent (Fixed Period) SAP Licenses).

You also require the license key NetWeaver_<DB> for the license server system, which you install in the same way.

3.      Import the license key for each client system for a license server using the relevant software product NetWeaver_<DB>. To do this, in transaction SLICENSE in the license server system, choose the tab page Digitally-Signed Licenses ® Install (see Installing Permanent (Fixed Period) SAP Licenses).

These license keys are valid only for this license server system, since they are based on the system number of the license server system.

Result

You have set up the license server system landscape. Start the license server system and then the client systems.

FYI:  http://help.sap.com/saphelp_banking50/helpdata/en/43/82cdc021f722aee10000000a1553f6/content.htm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncn4WeaWyEA

BR,

Prabhakar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Scheider,

We are planning to implement Flexible Licensing server. Our new environment is Cloud-based (VMWare) and would like to implement flexible licensing so that the license is ok if the virtual machine moves within a cluster.

If you have implemented this successfully, can you please share the details? We searched in SAP Help and SCN and this discussion is the closest to clarifying our queries.

We have referred these links - http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/20/384ef6bd054d5aae1ddd6f67e07a9e/content.htm?framese...

Setting Up the Flexible License Mechanism - SAP Licensing Procedure - SAP Library

The main confusion we have is how to install the licensing server (is it on a separate NW) and how to link all satellite systems.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank's for a lot of informations. My problem is, that i don't want to install a SAP License but install a SAP-LICENSE-SERVER-SYSTEM (see picture below). Theres no install guide for these product in the SAP-help-portal. Only a product-information: LICENSE_SERVER_<DB>. Where can i find this product and more informations? Looking forward for help.

Best regards,

Mathias

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Setting Up a License Server System and Client Systems http://help.sap.com/saphelp_banking50/helpdata/en/43/82cdc021f722aee10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Use

Use this procedure to install the required license keys and set the profile parameters for operating the license server system.

Procedure

1.      Set the following profile parameters if they have not already been set.

Profile Parameters for Configuring a License Server System Group

Name

System

Description

rdisp/mshost

Host name of the message server that is used for the virtual host name. NI functions determine the corresponding virtual IP address.

slic/serverhost

Host name of the license server system (if this parameter is not set, the system assumes that it should not connect to a license server system.)

slic/serverport

License Server System

Specifies the port of the license server system. You can specify the port directly as a number or using a network service. If you do not specify this parameter, the default value saplicense is used. If you configure this service using DNS or NIS, and distribute it to your servers, you do not need to maintain this profile parameter in the profile of each system.

slic/buffer_entries_dig_sig

License Server System

Number of license key buffer entries that are managed by the library for digitally signed license keys.

Number of buffer entries for client systems. These buffer entries exist only in the license server system.

slic/activate_server

Instance profile of the license server system

Notifies the server that it is a license server system and activates this

2.      Import the license key into the license server system with the software product LICENSE-SERVER_<DB>. To do this, in transaction SLICENSE in the license server system, choose the tab page Digitally-Signed Licenses __MCE_ITEM__®Install (see Installing Permanent (Fixed Period) SAP Licenses).

You also require the license key NetWeaver_<DB> for the license server system, which you install in the same way.

3.      Import the license key for each client system for a license server using the relevant software product NetWeaver_<DB>. To do this, in transaction SLICENSE in the license server system, choose the tab page Digitally-Signed Licenses __MCE_ITEM__® Install (see Installing Permanent (Fixed Period) SAP Licenses).

These license keys are valid only for this license server system, since they are based on the system number of the license server system.

Result

You have set up the license server system landscape. Start the license server system and then the client systems.

Regards,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to install two License-Server-Systems in a SAP-Landscape? One Main-License-Server and another as Fall-Back  if the main shutdown?

Regards

Mathias

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

is it possible to install two License-Server-Systems in a SAP-Landscape? One Main-License-Server and another as Fall-Back  if the main shutdown?

Yes. You can.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank's a lot for your answer. I tried to install the LICENSE-SERVER-SYSTEM without success.

I've problems with the instance-profile - parameter:  slic/activate_server.

By implementating this parameter in the instance-profile, the system gave a message:  Unkown parameter.

After implementating I restarted the system but I can't find the additional LICENSE-SERVER-functions after starting the TCODE: SLICENSE(written in the License-Server-System Manual)

So is it necessary to install a special software module in the ABAP-System ?

If yes, what was the name of these module, and where can I find/download it?

Looking forward to your help.

Best regards

Mathias Schneider

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've checked the manual in the link, but there is no notice, where I can get a License-key for a SAP-LICENSE-SERVER-SYSTEM. In the marketplace, I always have the choice between Netweaver, NW+Java, Portal and Enterprise...... But no choice for a LICENSE-SERVER-SYSTEM.

Here is a example of my License-Key-Text-File.

Who can help me?

Best regards

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

where can a get a LICENSE-SERVER-KEY for my ABAP-System ?  In my sap.market-place I've no choice for this product.I only can choice JAVA, ABAP , ABAP+JAVA, PORTAL

So can you help me?

Best regards,

Mathias

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes ,you can get in sap service market places click key & request you can get license key

Reagards

Nayeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank's for all the helpful answers. I#Ve found the new LICENSE-SYSTEM, called Flexible LICENSE MECHANISM.....

I try to implementate the  new version in our Landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

try this,

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46600

A small change in it, instead of "renew maintenance certificate" click on "request license key"

everything else is same.

Rg,

Nag

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos