cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Offline approval process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to request your help in offline approval setup in SRM.

SRM Version: 7.0 and SPS 13
Mail Server: Lotus Notes

Out of the two primary flows in Offline approval that is Outbound and inbound process, outbound process is working fine whereas Inbound is not.

Brief overview of the Outbound process in our client:
Program: /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND is being executed to send the mail to approvers' of SC/PO.
"Log on" link in the mail sent to approver to access SRM is working fine.

Coming to the Inbound process that is when "Approve/Reject" button are pressed in the mail to approve/reject the shopping cart, an auto mail is being sent to Lotus Notes mail inbox with the following subject "User eBuyAdmin (eBuyAdmin@xyz.com) is not available.

Can you please share your thoughts on the setup and help me with your inputs on how to proceed further.

Also, please throw some light on when the BASIS team need to be involved to complete the technical setup.

Thanks and regards,
Raghavendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for your reply.

We have made the Outlook setup, since it was prompting while trying to click on Approve/Reject.

Please go through the screen shot attached which has an overview of Offline approval setup:

Right now we are stuck ate step# 4 that is to route the auto generated mails to SAP server when Approve/Reject mails are sent to Mail server by the approver (Auto generated mail are sent to Mail server as, I have received the approval mail to inbox).

I found certain steps which are required to be configured at the E-mail server level to route mail to SAP automatically.

Could you please advise, if we should go ahead with that in E-mail server and also kindly let me know if any setup is required to do in SAP to receive the Inbound mails.

Best regards.

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laurent,

Thank you so much for your reply.

We have made the setup in our Development system and the outbound mail is send to approver Lotus Notes inbox for approval successfully. When "Approve/Reject" buttons in the mail are clicked it is throwing a pop-up, which it was not happening before the technical BASIS setup. (Mentioned in screen shot below)

Now after clicking on "Ok" in the pop-up, it is asking to do the Outlook Setup. Can you please look in to the following screen shot and guide how to proceed further.

Also we tried sending the Approval mail to Outlook inbox but the Approval and Reject buttons are missing and we found a note# 1682407 for this issue but it is already implemented in our system.

Could you please let me know your insights.

Best regards,

Raghavendra.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raghavendra,

see with your network/Lotus Note team.

As you can see, this is not Lotus Note which is triggered, but Outlook...

Regards.

Laurent.

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

under which user runs the job. Does this user has an email address?

Regards

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for your reply. User ID "BATCH.JOB" (Batch user) is being used to run the Job.

No e-mail address is maintained for the user BATCH.JOB and RML - Remote mail is set as the communication medium.

Moreover, I noticed that in the variant of program "/SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND" which is being used to send email to approvers' for approval/rejection in the field "Receiver" an arbitrary email id is maintained.

Does this setting have any kind of impact on receiving the mails when approve/reject is pressed.

Best regards,

Raghavendra

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raghavendra,

return address used in /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND report:

is the receiver email adress for offline approval, that means email adresse at which is sent generated email when approver clicks onto "Approve" or "Reject" button from approval mail he received.

In standard, this is the address of WF-BATCH user.

For more details about offline approval configuration, have a look at wiki below:

Offline approval - general configuration

Regarding your problem, check point 5 from OSS note 455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP

Regards.

Laurent.