cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[WebDispatcher] WD always forward port https to 443

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Expert,

First of all, i am new in webdispatcher.

I have problem with my webdispatcher. I want use port 8060 as https port for my training netweaver portal.

When i accessed the URL with port 8060 from local network, the URL dispatched to my training portal, but when i access from internet 8060 the URL dispatched to my development portal [443].

I expect the URL dispatch to training portal when it accessed from local and internet.

There is part of configuration of webdispatcher profile:

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------

# SAP Web Dispatcher Ports

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------

icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=80,TIMEOUT=900

icm/server_port_1 = PROT=HTTPS,PORT=443,TIMEOUT=900

icm/server_port_2 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=8124,TIMEOUT=900

icm/server_port_3 = PROT=HTTPS,PORT=8060,TIMEOUT=900

wdisp/system_0 = SID=[Dev portal SID], MSHOST=[Dev portal hostname], MSPORT=[Dev portal msport], SRCSRV=*:443;*:80

wdisp/system_1 = SID=[Training portal SID], MSHOST=[Training portal hostname], MSPORT=[Training portal hostname], SRCSRV=*:8060

wdisp/system_2 = SID=[Other system SID], MSHOST=[Other system hostname], MSPORT=[Other system ms port], SRCSRV=*:8124

Please let me know if you need additional information to investigate this.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Husin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

Your parameters look good. Are you sure you reach the Web Dispatcher on port 8060 when accessing from the Internet? Maybe there is some kind of port translation...

Otherwise, you can investigate by raising the trace level to 2 and checking the trace file dev_webdisp. For each incoming request, you should find some lines about the routing decisions made. They usually start with "ICR".

You may have to add parameter icm/trace_secured_lines=1 in order to see the request detail, since you are using HTTPS.

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

This problem was solved. there some missed network configuration in firewall.

Thanks for your help to investigate this problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Husin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

You actually confused me initially when i say the file . 

What are we trying to do ?. If we want to access the training portal from internet it should be https usually.

As you are trying to set the port less than 1024 i thin you need to set it as EXTBIND=1

So icm/server_port_1 = PROT=HTTPS,PORT=443,TIMEOUT=900,EXTBIND=1 (If it is unix where web dispatcher is installed)

421359 - ICM: Binding ports < 1024 on Unix

wdisp/system_1 = SID=[Training portal SID], MSHOST=[Training portal hostname], MSPORT=[Training portal hostname], SRCSRV=*:8060

Lines look like that the SSL is terminated at the web dispatcher. So have you done SSL termination stuff.

Another thing why do you have this line in the file.

I would suggest you go through the guide and see which option you want to user.

A How-to Guide about "How To Configure SAP Web Dispatcher for SSL" is provided on SDN at the following address: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/howtoguides under "SAP Web Application Server".

This command check the web dispatcher.

sapwebdisp pf=<profile> -checkconfig

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Thanks for your immediate response. i want to confirm somethings.

I used Ms Windows Server  2008 for this web dispatcher, so i should do nothing on note below:

421359 - ICM: Binding ports < 1024 on Unix

This row:

is for define 8060 as HTTPS port instead of 443 at web dispatcher.

I want specify port 8060 as HTTPS port in web dispatcher. Is it right if i used that row? CMIIW

Following your references. It is right that i used SSL termination at Web Dispatcher.

Thanks n Best Regards,

Husin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have never seen but still not sure .

Try to see if you add this parameters what happens.

wdisp/system_3 = SID=[Training portal SID], MSHOST=[Training portal hostname], MSPORT=[Training portal hostname], SRCSRV=*:8060

But i dont think that you required above line as you have the below line this to access 443 on webdispatcher and pass to 8060 backend.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol