cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create only ONE Material document when issue multiple items in Syclo IM

Former Member
0 Kudos

A customer has a concern about one standard behavior of SAP Inventory Manager 3.2: 

When doing "Goods Issue" for multiple items in a single GoodsMovementDocument and click "Xmit", separate MaterialDocument will be created for each item. That means each "IssueItem" action will result in a new MaterialDocument, even if they are in the same GoodsMovementDocument. It will cause a lot financial overhead work.

My questions are:

1) Is there way to create only ONE MaterialDocument when issue multiple items for a single GoodsMovementDocument ?  If need enhancement, how?

2) Can we add list screens in "transaction" screen sets? For my current practice, if I define a screen set (e.g. GoodsMovementDocumentEdit) to display transaction, the only screen I can add is detail screen as below. In this case, how can we use screens to edit those Collection TYPE transaction properties (e.g. Items) in GoodsMovementDocumentEdit transaction?

You can see attached picture for more information.

Any advice? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) In Agentry there is this concept/feature to run your action (Execute) - Execute until rule is true or false (so you may create a rule). So if you have an action that generates that material document to not run the subaction.  I am not sure if that is the best way to handle it but if you are customizing it then that is where you will need to look at it.

2) For collection type of properties, they are normally shown on the detail screen as a list tile view field (or edit Type) or list screen (it shows a collection) and you may write a subaction to run a loop against it (see picture) as part of your action steps.  Read List Tile View and subaction on the Agentry manual.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Mark.

In a list view screen, is it possible to add a checkbox to each line? therefore, the use can select multiple itmes in the SAME listview screen and start an Action with those selected items.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

List view screen is easier to use but has less function than a detail screen + List Tile View design.

All IPAD or Android designs use Detail Screen + List Tile View.

There may be a trick that you can do for list screen.

You may create a custom column in your collection called "Check" - you may represent this with a '*' symbol.

In the listscreen design, you can do multi-select that will enable you to do an action.

Now it depends on how you do it but let us say you selected multiple screen then you do an action to navigate to another list screen or same screen (to repaint). You could have a update rule on this column tied to a subaction that runs through the selected objects on the screen to show this '*' character or another option is that you can have a filter rule or 'include rule' to only display what you want to work on.

Normally out of the box with any work manager or inventory manager product you see this type of design on pending transaction transmit on a list screen (stating that this object is pending a transaction transmit).

Check allow multi-row select option in pic above..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Mark. I've tried set the list screen as "Allow multi-row-select". But unfortunately, it has no effect on iPad devices, while it does work in ATE (choosing iPad platform). My iPad is iOS 6.x verison.

I checked or unchecked "Enable Single Click". They only work in ATE client. In real iPad devices, only single row can be selected whatever I set up.

Is this "multi-row select" feature unsupported in real iOS devices?

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I checked the bug database. I am sorry now. It is a known issue. It is currently not supported in iPAD. This is because iOS allowed multi-select in iOS 5'ish.

There has to be some pre-requisite work (Agentry Core coding to support that iOS feature) that needs to happen first before this feature/bug will get fixed (AG-8294 - bug on multi-select does not work with iPAD).  At least you know the bug number now. I guess my suggestion is platform specific.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member199619
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jian,

How you solved the issue "One Material Document for Multiple Material Items" ?

Can you please provide me the solutions steps.

--Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Shyam

We actually need do some main customization to support this feature:

1) In Agentry Editor, add a "selected" column to each item to allow the user to select multiple rows and click "Issue" button to issue all selected ones;

2) In Java source, change "IssueSteplet" related source code to bind all selected items into the single material document and call BAPI to issue once.

By default in the original code, there is only an item defined in the material document. We need change that to an array to contains multiple items.

former_member199619
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jian

In Agentry Editor, do we need to make any changes other than adding a "selected" column.

Do we need to make any changes in the backend BAPI/Classes for this customization.

--Shyam