cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceptions - Navigation Settings (PPM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We get to see exceptions across navigations, in SAP-PPM.

Understand this has to do with the navigation settings

(SPRO

> SAP Portfolio and Project Management

> Portfolio Management

> Global Customizing

> Process and Service Settings

> Navigation Settings

> Define Related Object Context for Navigation)

For a new Portfolio Type that we are using, is there any update that we ought to make in these nodes?

What/how? The configuration guide does make a mention, but things are not all obvious...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak

When you created the new Portfolio Type, did you copy from an existing type? I have found that it is best to copy from an existing (standard) type so that you also copy the navigation related settings

What you can do if this is not the case and you have some missing navigation settings for the new type is to try the following : Go into the config you s[ecified above and copy all of the settings for one of the existing (standard types) and then populate your new portfolio type.

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi C, thanks for responding.

We have still not been able to overcome the defect/dump. We have specification (Recipe Management) linked to Portfolio Initiative. From the Specification, we have a link to the Initiative. Clicking on the link takes us to the Initiaitve. However, when we click on the "Assigned Items" tab under the Initaitive, the dump screen appears.

When we navigate to the "Assigned Items" tab from the Initiaitve otherwise (not navigating to the Intiaitve from the Specification), it works fine with no dump.

Any advice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

I am not too sure to be honest. You can try the following:

Confirm all your launchpad configuration is correct (copy from master client)

Also,  investigate your object link configuration

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you need to look at your launch pad roles. The role by which you see initiative from specification, should allow you to see item detail.

Please provide more details.

Pramod

Answers (0)