cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ess changes doesnot reflect in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I made some modifications to the pdata dc in the ess and activated my changes. The activation was successful and it got deployed to the portal. But, my changes are not reflected in the portal.

I just modified a label name and deployed it through NWDI. We also tried restarting the portal to see if the changes will be effective but to no luck.

Any ideas on what could have gone wrong?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate your reply.

The issue is, if I try changing the label or adding a label, the change is visible in the portal after deployment. That is fine but then, if I want to change the header textview, it doesnt change atall and always displays the sap provided text. Is there any restriction on what can be modified in ESS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How are you trying to change the text? Directly on the view? You need to find the correct property file and change the text there. Per language there is a property file (in the web dynpro) with the correct translation. So changing the text directly on the view has no effect.

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There are no restrictions . Once your view is checked out from DTR you can edit them.

As I hav mentioned in my previous post , go to the corresponding <Viewname>_<lang>.xlf file and make the changes.

Regards

Bharathwaj

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the navigator view in NWDS and drill down to src/package and you will find the .xlf files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharadha,

Could you be a little more specific on the first two steps?

Thank you

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

Right click the DC, you will find the 'Reload' option. Right click the DC, you will find the option 'Development Component->Build', click this to build the DC.

Regards,

Sharadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please indicate where the <viewname>.xlf file is located and how you go about editing it?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharadwaj,

I changed the text in the .xlf file and deployed to portal but still the label doesnot show my change. Could you tell me what could be the reason.

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

After making the changes do the following

1. Reload the DC

2.Do a DC build. (This is different from rebuilding the project. You have build the DC)

3. Create archive

4. Deploy.

Changes in .xlf files will not get reflected without reloading the DC.

Regards,

Sharadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u so much for your replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you done a build and deploy of the WD application directly.. ? Does that produce the same result ?

For changing label name, instead of changing it in the UI element properties.. try changing it in the <Viewname>.xlf file..

Regards

Bharathwaj