cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT Connection to Web Service Throwing Odd Error

dennis_scoville4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When attempting to create a connection in IDT to an internally created web service, I get the following error:

WSDLException:

Here are the steps that I took to try to create this connection (based on the blog by Victor Gabriel Saiz Castillo):

1. Created a project
  2. From the menu went to File > New Universe
  3. Highlight the project created in Step 1 and clicked Next
  4. Selected  the Relational data source radio button and clicked Next
  5. Gave the connection a name and clicked Next
  6. From the middleware list selected Generic > Web Services (WSDL 1.1) > Web Service Connector
  7. In the Web Services connection screen, I entered the Web Services URL, with no authenticati and entered our internal proxy address (please do not ask for the Web Service URL or internal proxy address because they cannot be provided).

When I test the connection, I get the following error thrown:

WSDLException: faultCode=PARSER_ERROR: Problem parsing '- WSDL Document -'.: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "meta" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</meta>".

The Web Service was tested natively through a browswer and it does not contain any errors. I also get this same error if I attempt to create a connection to a public Web Service.

Has anyone come across this error? If so, can you provide me with the resolution?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright.. i can connect to web service now.. it was due to the proxy thing... by the way, i have one question. IDT only allowing to connect to SOAP webservice? what about if i would like to connect to restful webservice? restful webservice does not have WSDL.... any idea how to connect restful webservice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am encountering the same error? did you come across with solution?

Please advise.

Regards,

KeatAun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your webservice java or .net based?

as for the webservice url replace the server path with the server's ip address.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you ever resolve the issue?

Cheers,

Nick