cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy based variable/Input Parameters in a HANA Calculation View ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Is it possible to include a Hierarchy as a variable/Input Parameters in a HANA Calculation view ?

FYI , So far I have done the following : Lets assume we are creating a Hierarchy for a Job Level .

1) Created a Attribute view with this Hierarchy (Parent-Child).

2) Joined this Attribute View using SQL in a Calcualtion View (Script Based).

I wanted to use this Job Level Hierarchy in the Variable :

Is it possible to use Hierarchies in Variables ? If possible , Please help me know how can this be achieved in HANA .

Thanks in advance .

Regards,

Chaitanya .M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durgamadhab Mishra ,

I have gone through the link .It really did help me to learn many things about Hierarchy in HANA. But I am still not clear if we can consume Hierarchies as a variable in HANA view? .

To add the details to my requirement here , I am using the reporting tools like

1) Analysis for  Microsoft excel

2) Tableau

I have worked on BW and am aware that there is a feature called 'Hierarchy as a variable' (for ex.a Job Level Hierarchy)that can be used in Bex Query designer .In such reports when we select the hierarchy based filter in the selection screen, we will get a Hierarchial view of the Hierarchy (Job Level Hierarchy in this example) .

My questions :

1) Can we get the same feature (Hierarchy as a variable in BEX) implemented in Reporting tools mentioned above ?

If we can...How can this be achieved ?

2) Do we have to do anything more at the HANA Calculation View - script based ? Because

I am still not clear if there is a possibility to bind the Hiearchy that we have created at    the Calculation view level to the Filter/Variable?

Experts ,I appreciate your inputs on the same .

Former Member
0 Kudos

At present with SP6 Hierarchies can not be exposed as variables and only exposed in OLAP connection to the information models..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the post below

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3450101