cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF: Transaction data, Quick help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

I ran a MRP on a material which created about 30 purchase order, and 5 production order. But when I try to CIF that over my Int. model generates only 1 purchase order and 1 production order.

Please let me know what am doing wrong here.

Thanks

Mono

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mono,

You mean of the 30 purchase orders and 5 production orders only 1 each are transferred to your APO system from ERP? Are the 30 purchase and 5 production order for the same product? Are the order quantities getting clubbed together?

suggest you run the Delta Report in APO (/SAPAPO/CCR) and reconcile between the two systems.

I have not come across such an issue earlier so cannot give a specific reason. If the above does not work you need to provide more details of the process you are following that is causing this behaviour.

Thanks,

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somnath:

Thank you for your reply, you are right these all pur.ord's / prodn ord's are for only one product. I dont think so that the quatities are getting clubbed.

I think it may be due to one reason but I am not sure, the reason could be that this is an assembly and most of the components are raw material for whom <b>no</b> scheduling agreement / or procurement relationships are been set in APO as of now. Still I am not sure about it.

Mono

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Mono,

Have you done /sapapp/CCR transaction as suggested by Mr.Somnath?

Please check you integration model - selection parameters (CFM1), whether you have restricted specific workcenters or any other parameter for production orders and similarly any specific vendor or schedule agreement etc., for purchase order?

It is advisable to select only the plant with generally only ABC indicator and/or MRP type(usually X0-external planning) in the selection criteria in CFM1.

I am also wondering to understand your business scenario - the need to run MRP in R/3 and CIF to APO.

Please explain your scenario in more detail to help you.

Regards,

Murali.J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murali:

I did go through transaction /sapapo/CCR there is nothing in there, all zeros. Just while creating model in CFM1 when I see details I only see 1purchase order where as when I check in table EBAN I have a more than 30 pur ords. I dont understand why am I getting end up with just 1pur ord and I am using 1 material and 1 plant.

Also I am using none of the filter objects here even for workcenter I had only the plant as selection parameter. Also I have over more than 2000 resources/ workcentres on R/3 side but I could only see 150 in APO and the integration model is active.

Abt business scenario its about moving mat.requirement planning to SNP and the reason I am running MRP is not in the production plant its in another plant which has special procurement with production plant which eventually flows demand to prod. plant.

Thank you for time, your input is appreciated.

Mono

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mono,

While defining Integration Model in CFM1 you see only "1 purchase order" - this is not the actual purchase order but the number of location-product combinations based on the selection criteria set in the Integration Model.

Can you check in APO Product View (/SAPAPO/RRP3) for the location product? Does it show one Purchase Order there also? The Product View is similar to Stock Requirement List in R/3 and the receipt elements should match. If you see the correct number of purchase orders in Product View then check the dates of the Purchase Orders. It may so happen that the dates of the Purchase Order are all in the one time bucket (weekly or monthly) of SNP Interactive Planning.

That is what I can think of. If this is not correct do let me know with more details.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath:

Thank you so much for your time, I checked the product view but unfortunately it shows nothing in there. As mentioned in my last reply this is an assembly and the components are externally procured and I havent sent any procurement relationships to APO yet, Do you think that could be reason?

Also I have over more than 2000 resources/ workcentres on R/3 side but I could only see 150 in APO and the integration model is active.

Thanks agian!!!

Mono

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mono,

Let me understand the scenario. You have say Plant A and Plant B. At Plant A you have assemply product X with two components Y and Z. Y and Z are procured from Plant B. You have CIFed Plant A and Plant B. Also products X, Y, Z at plant A but Y and Z at Plant B are not CIFed.

Moreover procurement relationships for Y and Z from plant B to A is also not CIFed to APO. So there is no transportation lanes created between B to A.

You have 1 Production Order for X and Purchase Orders for Y and Z procuring from plant B which are not transferred to APO.

You have certain master data missing (transportation lane, component products at plant B) which is why the transaction data has no where to go to APO and map to.

Can you check the CIF queue inbound to APO and/or outbound to R/3 to see if there are some queues stuck. This happens typically when you try sending the transaction data for which appropriate master data is missing.

Thanks,

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath:

You are to the point, here I did see the inbound queue to APO with <b>text: Operation/Phase 0010/ is scheduling a non-existent</b>, its all comes down to procurement relationship. Thank you Sir!!!!

On other hand the puzzle of Workcentres still remains, out of 2000 odd only 150 are showing up and I am not using any filters except the plant.

I checked the operations for the products I CIFed, few of them have there corresponding workcentre but few are missing as such only 150 are making up to APO.

Thanks alot!

Mono

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well first of all good to know that finally your transaction data issue is cracked. Huh I think I can call it a day today (anyway its quite late in the evening).

As regards Wokcenters - only planning and scheduling relevant workcenters are typically transferred from R/3 to APO. Do you have a separate integration model for resource?

Please take a look at OSS note 402613 and 674838. Make sure appropriate factory calendars are maintained in APO (custom defined factory are not transferred from R/3 to APO via CIF). Make sure all the location where the workcenters exist are in APO.

Resources may be transferred to APO in the Model-Independent Version (which you need to tick in the Resource Master transaction in APO) only. Make sure you have checked for all types of resources. By deafult /SAPAPO/RES01 opens with the Single type of resource.

Try to find out similarities between the 150 resources that made it to APO and what is the fundamental difference of that to the remaining 1850 resources (2000-150).

Thanks,

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

Just to update the difference between the Work centers which get moved to APO and the one that dont.

When a parallel display of these work centers are done, the one which get CIFed over has a Default values tab with Operations defined, which are in line to statement of Somnath that <b>only planning and scheduling relevant workcenters are typically transferred from R/3 to APO</b>.

Thank you

Mono

Answers (0)