cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock transport order in the same company but with SD invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a somewhat unusual case in the public sector. FYI this question concerns ERP 6.

FM postings periodically for the consumption of goods by their internal "customers". They also intend to use WM for the tracking of precise locations within their premises. This is required because they are dealing a lot with hazardous materials.

So the idea was to use STO functionality for the delivery part as they also need to produce delivery papers for their internal deliveries from a central warehouse. Now since the goods don't leave their property but only get transferred from the central warehouse to other buildings which belong to them, everything is under the same company code. However the internal "customer" needs to be charged for those deliveries internally in funds management.

My question, is there some kind of trick to bias the system to generate an SD invoice from an STO delivery although the transfer is in the same company code?

I don't know how else to cover the WM part other than using STO. The goods physically remain in the company (hence the tracking with WM) but are considered consumed as soon as they leave the central warehouse. However they still need to be physically tracked.

The additional difficulty is that the internal customers are billed a service charge for handling of each delivery. I don't see any other way than using SD for this since they don't intend to use internal orders.

I hope I made myself clear enough.

Any hint is appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry something went wrong in formatting the post. A large part was cut off. Let me type the first paragraph again hoping it will appear this time.

I need to create SD invoices for STO plant to plant transfers within the same company code. I know that this is normally reserved for intercompany transfers. However the client needs to create FM postings periodically...

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You could create proforma invoices per delivery, is it enough for your requirement?

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. No, unfortunately we need the FI-FM posting as a minimum requirement. As far as I know FM also requires a G/L posting at the same time. The idea is that it should be a pure G/L posting without accounts receivable, a bit like a cash sale.

Former Member
0 Kudos

P.S.

The conflict we have is that certain substances are kept in the labs for several years and used sparingly out of larger containers. If we don't charge the labs virtually immediately those items remain considered belonging to the central warehouse, funds management-wise.

Translating it to the industrial sector, you can imagine it as a goods issue to consumption on cost centre from the central warehouse but you still need to keep a precise track of the whereabouts of the material. This public entity is legally obliged to keep track of highly hazardous substances.

I know that they could use another WM system outside R/3 but then they would lose the integration.

It seems almost like we have a fundamental conflict.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rico,

I understand it. Create new conditions in MM (with M/06, the access sequence with M/07, the entries with MEK2 and so on), create new account key and set them in pricing procedure for STO (tcode M/08). After, in OBYC set the new accounts for this conditions (it will be made during PGI: mov 641).

Hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks Eduardo.

I'll try that. However I still have to produce something that looks like an internal invoice, including the additional service charge which must not be added to the material stock value.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try with a FI correspondence for the FI document linked to the PGI. You can use the report RFKORD30 (for the standard correspondence SAP09). See the documentation in the report RFKORD30.

If you are using profit centers, you can use the tab 'address' in tcode KE52.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

This should work paper-wise but I'm still left with the service charge which is a fixed amount for each internal delivery. It must not be added to the stock value.

Update: I found the correct customising settings to allow billing for intra-company transfers. The trick is in setting the correct routine in copy control delivery to invoice.

Answers (0)