Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger an IDOC in IDOC to File scenario

avinash_ayanala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai Team,

I am doing idoc to file scenario in single stack SAP PI netwaver 7.3.1 version i want to trigger the IDOC but i dont understand how to trigger it please can any one tell me how to trigger an IDOC from SAP system and how to do it.Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi avinash,

First of all you need to check your IDOC configuration: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-34155

Later you can trigger your IDOC with the transaction WE19 in the sender system. Check the page 15 in this document http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d09cb520-f883-2c10-56b9-adb6d9182...

Regards.

avinash_ayanala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai Inaki,

Thank you very much it was very helpfull.

Regards,

Avinash

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

How to trigger an IDoc is in functional domain. please speak to the functional owner and ask him to trigger an IDoc,

However, as an Integration consultant, you can ensure (with the help of basis team) that the partner profile is created and the ABAP connection is set up.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Already

• Go to we19,select the basic type and exceute.
  • Give Sender and Receiver system info as required and click excute.
  • Now after triggering this,go to we02 or we05 and see the status of IDoc.

As mentioned by

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

That depends by what YOU means by "triggering an idoc".

Do you want to generate an idoc when employee create/change and save his/her Material, Customer, Sales Order, etc... ?

if yes, see with your functional team, they have to manage Output Control in Tcode NACE for this object.

Do you want to trigger / schedule the sending of IDocs at a specific day / time ?

if yes, in addition to NACE:

1. in WE20 (ALE config), choose option "trigger by background program".

So outbound idocs will be in status "30" (wait).

2. Then, create a SAP job (Tcode SM36) on program RSEOUT00 by using a variant which will select your and only your Idoc Message / idoc type. Be very careful when you use RSEOUT00, as these program can process all outound idocs which are in status "30" since a long time ago...

regards

Mickael

P.S: WE19 is a TEST tool. Do not use in Production!