cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS Conversion problem encoding format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have scenario where our sender is ECC and receiver is JMS (MQ). We are receiving the input in the form of UTF-8 encoding format. After transformations we need to send the output to MQ in ISO 8859-1 encoding format. We are sending direct XML to MQ. We are not doing any content conversions in PI. Could you please tell how to convert the XML file from UTF-8 encoding format to ISO 8859-1 format at JMS adapter level.

Thanks,

Srinivas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinvas,

You can try with XSL transformation or the XML2Plain module adapter.

Check this wiki http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/How+To...Content+conversion+module+with+J2EE+JMS+adapter

Also, the XML anonymizer bean does that transformation: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/d169186a29570ae10000000a114a6b/content.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

I tried to convert the output file to ISO-8859-1 by using xmlAnonymizerBean but it didnt change any thing.

The module i have used is

module name: AF_Modules/XMLAnonymizerBean

module type: local Enterprise Bean

Module key: anonymizer

In the module configuration i have given the following parameters

Module Key: anonymizer

parameter name: anonymizer.encoding

parameter value: ISO-8859-1

Please let me if i need to give anything other than the above.

And also i have a query. Is it possible to convert UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1 format, along with special chanracters in the data, in SAP PI.

Thanks,

Srinivas.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please help me on this issue.

Thanks,

Srinivas.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Can you check OSS note- 821267, might help

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have used the AF_Modules/TextCodepageConversionBean in module bean and it actually converted the data in the tags to ISO-8859-1 format. So i have tried with this and it actually converted the data in the payload but while editing the text in notepad++ i got the below screenshot which is in UTF-8 instead of ISO-8859-1.

So actually my requirement is to get ISO-8859-1 format. so please suggest how to achieve this.

Thanks,

Srinivas.