cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mode Priority not respected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have 2 alternate Primary resources -- R1 and R2.
For Product P1 --  R1 has mode priority A and R2 has mode priority B.

For Product P2 --  R2 has mode priority A and R1 has mode priority B.

There is no overload situation despite being finite resources as these are being planned first time.

If product P2 is planned alone then mode priority is respected and product is planned on R2 but if both products are planned together then both products are planned on R1.

There is no 'retain mode' anywhere.

Can anyone pls help and give any pointer!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii,

Which PPDS heuristic you are running for Creating Planned orders ?

Just check whether in that heuristic Strategy for Lowest Mode priority has been defined or not ?

If not Copy of that heuristic profile and create a new heuristic with assigning lowest mode priority as "Priority A"

Example:  A screen shot for Heuristic of SAP_PP_002....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Debasis.

But a couple of points here :

1. By default if its blank then mode priorities are considered atleast upto O. So, A and B should not be a problem.

2. Same Heuristic runs when I plan 2 products together or only Product P2 -- so if its a question of mode priority then it should give wrong results in all the cases.

Still to clarify further ----

I am running Stage Numbering algo followed by SAP_MRP_001. Each product master has SAP_PP_002 but I have taken out 'retain mode' in all cases.

Issue is still existing -- so other pointers are most welcome...

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii,

If you'll not select the Mode Priority heuristic will not consider the mode priority in case of scheduling, it'll only check the PPM/PDS priority and can schedule the planned order as per PDS priority.

If you want to always create  orders on Highest Mode Priority we have to configure them as per my last reply.

Now coming to your different product where you getting perfect result, in that case it may be the Picking the  1st PDS(Priority 0), where the resources mode priority is also the first one (Mode Priority A)

But for other product may be the first priority PDS having resource on mode priority B.

Hope it clarifies your issue..

Regards

Debshis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deabhis.Putting the mode works but I still feel that as per SAP help --its a bug.

Please see the SAP help clearly states that if we do not specify any value then all modes are respected till O. Not very sure whethher some Note corrects this behaviour.

Anyways, Thanks for workaround -- I am closing the thread.

Answers (0)