cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dynamicaly arrange fields in adobeform ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one requirement where I need to develop two adobe forms based on regios. Since the difference between the two forms are check boxes, so the client suggested to do only one form and based on the region I need hide and unhide the check boxes.

Issue starts here . in first form there are 5 check boxes arranged vertically and after there is a paragraph section below that (both in one page) , in second there are 9 check boxes and the paragraph below starts from next page.

Here I need to develop one form which should be based on region so that if one region comes it should show 5 check boxes and below paragraph in 1st page and in when other region comes it should show 9 check boxes and the paragraph should statrs from next page.

Please advice how to do it. I have tried with making different different subforms but its not working.

Thanks,

Sreejith S.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreejith,

Santosh and Chris were right.

Sample coding.

In each of your subform, say Subform5 is your subform with 5 checkboxes within it and Subform9 with 9 checkboxes.

Under Subform5 - say you want to display this when regio = US initialize* event

if ( $record.REGIO.DATA.FIELD == "US") then

$this.presence = "visible"

else

$this.presence = "hidden"

endif

Under Subform9 - say you want to display this when regio = UK initialize* event

if ( $record.REGIO.DATA.FIELD == "UK") then

$this.presence = "visible"

else

$this.presence = "hidden"

endif

To control paragraph to be display on first page or second page, wrap your content into another subform, say SubformMain. Open and uncheck this check box : Object palettes > Subform tab > Allow Page Breaks within Contents

So that if there is enough spacing in page one, this will be display in page 1 with 5 checkboxes; and this will goes to page 2 if there only left some spacing only with 9 checkboxes in page 1.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Xiang Li

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Santosh said, arrange your elements into subforms. You can then show/hide those based on user selections (checkboxes) as you like. You can either place the subforms that are "selection based" on top of each other (and just show the one that is relevant) or you can "flow" your subforms so that as one is hidden, the other one that is shown will take it's place (ie. not empty space). Lastly, you can also move elements around and set their position (X and Y coordinates) anywhere on the form using script (JavaScript or Formcalc) if you really want to get to that level of detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

put your check boxes and paragraphs in sub forms and write the java/formcal code on region field. based on the region value hide the sub form. pls let me know anything else is needed.