cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the pending requests of an user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need to remove the pending requests raised for an user, once the user is Inactive in the system.That is we need to remove all the roles which have been raised for an user which has been made INACTIVE before its being approved by the manager or Role Owner.

Thanks,

Nivedita S K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nivedita,

This description is valid for IdM 7.2. If you are using 7.1, there may be some issues.

What should happen when an entry is set inactive, is that first, all the assignments the user has will be removed. If any of these are waiting for an approval, this approval will automatically be rejected. If it is waiting for other operations, it will wait until these have completed. WHen all is done, the entry itself is set to inactive. In this state there should be no pending approvals for the user.

Best regards

John Erik Setsaas

Development Architect SAP NW IdM

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nivedita,

unfortunately there is no easy way other than declining the approvals for such pending requests.

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion.Can we get to know how to decline the approvals that is through which task and it should be linked to what.

Thanks,

Nivedita S K

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nivedita,

Take a look in the Admin UI, http://localhost:50000/idm/admin

And check the Approval Management tab.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niveditha,

Try to make use of this internal function, uIS_SetApproval. it accepts a parameter operation where you can set it as 2 (declined)

But I am not sure whether or not this is applicable for an inactive entry !! Will try this out when I get free and update.

I presume, if a user is made inactive, all the pending requests will gets cancelled automatically  !! if not so, it is supposed to work like that !!

You can get more information about this from help menu of Management console.

But, please not.This function is available only in the provisioning module of identity center.

Thanks,

Krishna.