my problem is File and Directory is dinamic--> Directory an File can change

Any Idea How can i do it??

Thanks & Regads

Rodrigo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think your question is not clear. If you are looking for dynamic directory in target then you can go with variable substitution. Please check this weblogs:

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/23/an-interesting-usage-of-variable-substitution-in-xi

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/28/dynamic-file-namexslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-using-xi-30-sp12-part-ii

Also go through this thread:

---Satish

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Satish

sorry my question is not clear.

again

i have an sender xml that contain name an directory where the reciever file must be.

the name an directory can be diferent deppendig the xml values.

for example.

first XML have:

FILE:Sales

DIRECTORY:c:\sales

second XML

FILE:customer

DIRECTORY:c:\customer

Thanks.

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rodrigo,

Use variable substituion which resolves your issue.

So in sender you have the file name and directory. You want this directory and file name in your target. Using variable substitution you can achieve this.

---Satish

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Satish

how i must difine variable substitution??

payload:directory,1,File,1

Target Directory *: %directory%/

File Name Scheme*: %File%

why i must put ,1,?? i get this example from another post.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish ,

This is possible.

Cretae one extra field in target message to capture directory details.

Use this varibale in receiver commuinication channel.

solves your problem

venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rodrigo,

Give like this in your receiver communication channel:

a) Enable Variable Substitution check box and create two variables.

b) var1 for directory and var2 for filename.

c) For var1 : payload:DIRECTORY,1

For var2 : payload:FILE,1

d) In Target Directory put %var1%

e) In File Name Scheme put %var2%

Then your issue should be solved.

---Satish

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish

thanks for your help.

i made it, but it doesn't work, in sxi_ monitor there no error, but file doesn't appear in the directory specified.

any Idea??

Rgds

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

H,

Then you would have got error in receiver communication channel. Can you please look into that.

Also paste here your source xml file payload from sxmb_moni.

---Satish

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Receiver Adapter v2123 for Party '', Service 'XIT':

Configured at 2007-03-13 16:11:46 GMT-03:00

History:

- 2007-03-13 16:35:31 GMT-03:00: Message processing failed: Error during variable substitution: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.varsubst.VariableDataSourceException: The following variables were not found in the message payload: file, dir

- 2007-03-13 16:35:30 GMT-03:00: Processing started

- 2007-03-13 16:35:30 GMT-03:00: Message processing failed: Error during variable substitution: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.varsubst.VariableDataSourceException: The following variables were not found in the message payload: file, dir

- 2007-03-13 16:35:30 GMT-03:00: Processing started

- 2007-03-13 16:35:30 GMT-03:00: Message processing failed: Error during variable substitution: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.varsubst.VariableDataSourceException: The following variables were not found in the message payload: file, dir

dir payload:Directory,1

file payload:file,1

Target XML

-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:file_destino_MT xmlns:ns0="http://dynamicdir.com/xi/dynamicdir">

<Directory>/out</Directory>

<file>Sales.xml</file>

<Nombre>Rodrigo</Nombre>

<Apellido>Pertierra</Apellido>

</ns0:file_destino_MT>

Message was edited by:

Rodrigo Pertierra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo -

Should be:

dir payload:file_destino_MT,1,Directory,1

file payload:file_destino_MT,1,file,1

Example and explanation can be found here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/frameset.htm

Regards,

Jin

Message was edited by:

Jin Shin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rodrigo,

Sorry for the late reply. I am struck up in a meeting. You use the values for var1 and var2 as given by Jin. Then it should work.

---Satish

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Satish.

it worked perfect. now i have another doubt.

is there any way that file name an directory does not appear in outbound File??

For example:

inbound XML:

-

<data>

<File>Sales</File>

<directory>c:\sales</directory>

<name>Rodrigo</name>

<LastName>Suarez</LastName>

</data>

I need this format.

Outbound File

-

<data>

<name>Rodrigo</name>

</data>

At the moment, my outbound file have the following format

<data>

<File>Sales</File>

<name>Rodrigo</name>

</data>

hope its clear

Thaks & Regards.

RP

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Satish.

it worked perfect. now i have another doubt.

is there any way that file name an directory does not appear in outbound File??

For example:

inbound XML:

-

<data>

<File>Sales</File>

<name>Rodrigo</name>

</data>

I need this format.

Outbound File

-

<data>

<name>Rodrigo</name>

</data>

At the moment, my outbound file has the following format

<data>

<File>Sales</File>

<name>Rodrigo</name>

</data>

hope its clear

Thaks & Regards.

RP

Message was edited by:

Rodrigo Pertierra

Message was edited by:

Rodrigo Pertierra

Message was edited by:

Rodrigo Pertierra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

<i>is there any way that file name an directory does not appear in outbound File</i> - No, if the outbound file is not having filenaem and dir, then you cant do variable substiution for filename and dir.....so then you cant dynamincalyy assign dir and filename.........then you will have to specify dir name and file name scheme explicitly in recever comm channel......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Variable substitution is used only for to substitute the existing the names of the field in the payload. If you dont have them at all in the payload then it is not possible.

So in your scenario it is not possible.

But in your requirement if you make some changes then it may be possible. Check this weblog which may be useful for it:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo -

You can use Adapter Specific Message Attributes (DynamicConfiguration) instead of variable substituion if you don't want the filename and directory to appear in your outbound file. This requires a little UDF coding in your mapping, but it's definitely possible.

Here's an example of the UDF code required for setting the filename:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/03612cdecc6e76e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

Regards,

Jin

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Jin

im trayin do a UDF enconding, but in dont know how to do that. I Created a User Function.

Imports: com.sap.aii.mapping.api.DynamicConfigurationKey;com.sap.aii.mapping.api.DynamicConfiguration;

DynamicConfiguration conf = (DynamicConfiguration) container.getTransformationParameters().get(StreamTransformationConstants.DYNAMIC_CONFIGURATION);

DynamicConfigurationKey keyF = DynamicConfigurationKey.create( URLFile, "FileName");

DynamicConfigurationKey keyD = DynamicConfigurationKey.create( URLFile, "Directory");

String valueOld = conf.get(keyF);

String valueOldD = conf.get(keyD);

if (valueOld != null) {

String valueNew = valueOld.replaceAll("Sender.xml",file);

conf.put(keyF, valueNew);

}

if (valueOldD != null) {

String valueNewD = valueOldD.replaceAll("/IN",dir);

conf.put(keyD, valueNewD);

}

return name;

URLFile: http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/File.

I dont know if the logic of function is right.

I made a Test in XI and the result was this:

Compilation of dynamic_directory_MM successful Exception:[java.lang.NullPointerException] in class com.sap.xi.tf._dynamic_directory_MM_ method FileCOutput$[http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/File, Sales.xml, c:/, Rodrigo, com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.rt.Context@9159fe] com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException: Exception:[java.lang.NullPointerException] in class com.sap.xi.tf._dynamic_directory_MM_ method FileCOutput$[http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/File, Sales.xml, c:/, Rodrigo, com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.rt.Context@9159fe]

Regards

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo -

While troubleshooting, just try for FileName first. This code is all you need:

DynamicConfiguration conf = (DynamicConfiguration) container.getTransformationParameters().get(StreamTransformationConstants.DYNAMIC_CONFIGURATION);

DynamicConfigurationKey key = DynamicConfigurationKey.create("http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/File","FileName");
conf.put(key, newFileName);

return "";

- No need for the DynamicConfiguration classes in the <i>Imports</i> statement as you had before.

- The variable <i>newFileName</i> above is the input for file name from your source payload.

- As you can see, nothing is returned since the file name is just being set in the DynamicConfiguration part of the message header.

- This function can be applied anywhere where it would be executed once (e.g. root of the target message).

- You cannot test this locally in IR (will get exceptions) - have to do a real end-to-end test.

Finally, in your receiver file adapter, make sure that you check the option "Use Adapter Specific Message Attributes" and that "File Name" is selected. This will look for the <i>FileName</i> value that you set and use it for the target file name.

Once this works, you can adjust to account for your directory as well.

Regards,

Jin

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when put URL:http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/File, explorer take me to URL:

http://www.sap.com/platform/netweaver/index.epx

:S :S

In my receiver comunication channel, whats parameter i must difine for Target Directory and File Name Scheme??

should i define a a variable sustitution: message:XXX??

Rgds

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

The URL (http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/File) is just used as an attribute namespace - it's not a URL in the normal sense (e.g. not to be used in a browser).

<i>>>>In my receiver comunication channel, whats parameter i must difine for Target Directory and File Name Scheme??</i>

It doesn't matter if you're using ASMA (adapter specific message attributes). The ASMA attribute used will override whatever you have configured in the channel.

<i>>>>should i define a a variable sustitution: message:XXX??</i>

In this case, you don't need to use variable substitution at all.

Regards,

Jin

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It Workedddddddddddddd!!!!! :D:D:D

Now only rest save output file in a directory i get from de inbound XML!!!!!

I select Directory in Adapter-Specific Message Autributes fom inbound and outbound Channel, but it does not work. in my function code add this lines:

//get the Key of Directory

DynamicConfigurationKey keyD = DynamicConfigurationKey.create( URLFile, "Directory");

//replace value of Attribute Directory.

conf.put(keyD,dir);

Any Idea??

Rgds

RP

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry my last post. i was wrong.

when cheked the configuratios for second time i realized that Directory wasn't selected in sender comunicaction Channel.

The interface Works Perfect

Thanks all for your help.

specially Jin that had patience to me!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is better to use dynamic folder choose in receiver side , see below code

String newfilename="";

DynamicConfigurationKey key = DynamicConfigurationKey.create("http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/File","FileName");

// Get Sourcefilename

String oldfilename=conf.get(key);

//extract first 3 chars of source filename

newfilename=oldfilename.substring(0,2);

//get the date

java.text.SimpleDateFormat dateformat = new java.text.SimpleDateFormat( "yyyyMMdd" );

dateformat.format( new java.util.Date() );

//append sourcedateL

newfilename=newfilenamedateformat"L";

// determine if prod/ dev / qa

map = container.getTransformationParameters();

senderService = (String) map.get("SenderService");

if(senderServcie.equald("Prod"){

newfilename=newfilename+"P";

}

// change to new file name

conf.put(key, newfilename+".tmp");

Also see the below links

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

Regards

Chilla..

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Chilla.

your post was very useful.

this my function.

//obtengo la Key del FileName

DynamicConfigurationKey keyF = DynamicConfigurationKey.create( URLFile, "FileName");

//get the Key of Directory atribute

// replace the value of FileName for the value from inbound XML (Sales.xml)

conf.put(keyF,file);

// replace the value of Directory for the value from inbound XML (c:/)

conf.put(keyD,dir);

return name;

nevertheless, function still return an error:

Compilation of dynamic_directory_MM successful Exception:[java.lang.NullPointerException] in class com.sap.xi.tf._dynamic_directory_MM_ method FileCOutput$[http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/File, Sales.xml, c:/, Rodrigo, com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.rt.Context@16c120b] com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException: Exception:[java.lang.NullPointerException] in class com.sap.xi.tf._dynamic_directory_MM_ method FileCOutput$[http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/File, Sales.xml, c:/, Rodrigo, com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.rt.Context@16c120b]

What can i do??

Regards!

RP

Message was edited by:

Rodrigo Pertierra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the code , it was working UDF ,see above links.

See in your URL,change the URLFile is it a variable??

and also check the drive and directory, and do you have the authorization to create folder in c:?? it is on server not local directory..

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rodrigo,

Is it a question of depending on the incoming value then it can be one of n receiver directories and file names?

So for example if calue is 1 then directory 1 is used with the relevant file name and if it is 2 then directory 2 is used with the relevant file name?

What I am getting at is if you know of all the directories and filenames that could be used in advanced then the work around could be to simply have n number of reciever file comm channels and simple have conditions on the recievers...

Obviously for this you would need a list of possible directories and filenames...

Otherwise I think the others are right... with variable substitution you have to have the value there otherwise it cant be used...

Although having said that I do remember someone mentioning a while ago about putting the value in the header... i dont know if this could work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rodrigo,

if you have dynamic file name you can use wild charaters such "*" and "_" to pick up the file.

i think we dont have option about dynamic directories . you can use adanced file selection option then you can specify the different directoies and files name which are fixed but you will know what directories you have in our landscape you configure all directoies path here.it is just work around