cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=hmsnsw00

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i deploy "TutWD_FlightBooking" Sample WebDynpro application I get following error.

I have following setup.

NetWeaver developer Studio (NWDS) Version: 2.0.9

J2EE server running on the same machine where i have NWDS Version: SAP J2EE Engine/7.00 PatchLevel 105053.42

SLD Version: 7.0009.20060621180635.0000

Build: 20060622 2041, Depot: //sdt/com.sap.lcr/645_SP_REL, Changelist: 345651

ABAP R/3 system is on remote system (accessing clients R/3 system) on the network.

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=hmsnsw00 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=DEV MSSERV=sapmsDEV PCS=1 ERROR timeout while pending for route completion TIME Tue Mar 13 12:04:14 2007 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 38 RC -12 DETAIL NiErrSet COUNTER 1

at com.sap.mw.jco.MiddlewareJRfc.generateJCoException(MiddlewareJRfc.java:457)

at com.sap.mw.jco.MiddlewareJRfc$Client.connect(MiddlewareJRfc.java:989)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Client.connect(JCO.java:3193)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.mdi.DataProvider.<init>(DataProvider.java:90)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.mdi.DataProvider.<init>(DataProvider.java:122)

... 62 more

I get same error message when i test the JCo Metadata connection, Model data connection works fine.

The message server value under WebDynpro content admin is created with right values as i checked with Basis person.

My service file in C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc has entries for both J2EE stack entry and ABAP stack (on remote server) entry with port numbers.

When i ping the ABAP (remote server) from my machine command prompt I get response.

I am running out of options. I really appreciate your inputs.

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check to make sure that the message server is setup in the SLD with a logon group. I had this problem once and putting SPACE for the logon group fixed it.

Lee

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to let you know that, your solutions may be rght ones. I just learned that R/3 system i am talking to is running on very protected server and they don't allow adding my local J2ee server address in the service file on the server.

I have to thank you for all your effort.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I think this might have todo with the fact that your Java stack wants to connect with a server from the same logon group called "PUBLIC".

Please make sure you added the same logon group "PUBLIC" to the ABAP Server. Try transaction SMLG.

Also as posted above the SLD needs this info aswell.

After using the transaction SMLG, log in and out 5 times in a row to your ABAP stack using SAP GUI. This might actually force an update to the SLD.

Greetings,

Robbert

Message was edited by:

Robbert van Waveren