Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM51 alternative for server switching

daniel_piggott-genge
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Probably a simple yes or no answer to this but are there any alternatives to allow you to switch servers in SAP?  It's fine for administrators but sometimes we want users to change server nodes and we have purposefully locked down their access to SM51 so an alternative would be useful.

Thanks,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can execute report RSM51000_ALV with SE38 and you can go to SM51 screen. but i can not tell you if this will work if SM51 is locked in SM01.. you can test this in your system

best regards

ashish

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

for more detail go through this link

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/8307

Regards

Nayeem

jimguo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. try to create sm59 rfc destination for each instance and use remote logon to jump.

2. call function module TH_SAP_LOGIN destination "<Hostname of the instance>_<SID>_<Instancenumber>.

Hope this can help you.

Jim

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Probably a simple yes or no answer to this but are there any alternatives to allow you to switch servers in SAP?

If you are talking about the GUI logon to a particular AS or to the CI then you need to configure the SAP GUI with the IP/ address and system number of the AS or CI.

This is basically a way to bypass the Logon Group mechanism.

Tx SM51 will only show the list of active AS's along with the CI

Regards

RB

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know only way is to add App server details in GUI and direct login from SAP GUI, also it looks better and safe than switching from SM51 or any similar transaction from a End user prospective.

Regards,

Subhash

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I don't think we have other option for automatic switching except creating and assigning log-on groups.

regards

kartik