cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time bucket Profile Spliting Week

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

In one of the new requirement , customer demanded new time bucket profile for Planning book . New time bucket profile should create such a way that it should display in week format ( Data View ) by considering a split of A & B part at the starting and end of every particular month ,

For example : -

Week  Mo  Tu  We Th  Fr  Sa  SU

44       28    29   30  31  1    2   3

45        4      5     6    7    8    9  10

46       11    12   13  14  15  16  17

47       18     19   20  21  22  23  24

48        25    26  27    28  29  30  1

In above example , week 44 consist of Oct'13 ending and starting of Nov '13 period and in week 48 it has Nov '13 ending and starting
of Dec'13 Period . Business wants Week 44 and Week 48 should split into A & B format for that individual week .

Week 44 : A parts is 28th Oct 2013 to 31st Oct 2013 & B Part is from 1st Nov 2013 to 3rd Nov 2013

Week 48 : A part is 25th Nov 2013 to 30 Nov 2013 & B Part is from 1st Dec to itself

How this kind of setting can be incorprorated into the time bucket profile ? If not then suggest different solution .

Regards,

Sesh Kumar Sahu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sesh,

The data will be stored in the live cache in the above format only and the split weeks are called technical periods. As per my knowledge, we could not create a Time bucket profile to display this in planning book.

But if your 'Storage Bucket Profile' has month and week as the periodicity, then you can select the option 'Use Storage Bucket Profile' in Planning book/data view in the SDP94 transaction. That will show the data in technical periods as you expected.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran ,

I tried your solution , and it works for me . It is showing as per the technical period format . But , the storage bucket profile which is defined from 01.01.2008 to 31.12.2019 is also taking into consideration for display .

As per the requirement , data view only display past 2 month figure and future 4 months rest shouldn't display . How to set this setting in data view . Is there any way to do this ?

Regards,

Sesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran ,

I need to know if I want to make storage bucket profile ( technical period ) to permanently display in the Planning book then how I make it default setting .

Whether I need to develop default macro so that whenever it executes at the initial it able to consider that macro and display the planning book based on the storage bucket profile .

Could you please suggest here is need to develop macros or there is any default setting

Regards,

Sesh

Answers (0)