Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning MICs to multiple inspection plans

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need some assistance. I need to assign four new MICs to our existing inspection plans. They are about 35 in total.

Is there a way so that I can add these four MICs to all the inspection plan at once?  I tried CWBQM also but could not do it. PL provide steps if there is a way in CWBQM.

If there isn't a way of doing this, then also please let me know.

Pl note that all four MICs are 'referenced'. Any assistance in this regards is highly appreciated.

Regards,

ntn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this steps.....

1. Go to CWBQM

2. In Additional Selection criteria tab, select your Inspection Plan Group & counter and then execute Load Task list

3. Now Select all group & go to Task list ---- Inspection Characteristic

4. Maintain all your MIC's to selected Group & counter

5. Then click on Next Record (Ctrl+Shift+F3). You will see next group

6. Now maintain your MIC's in same group.

7. Similarly maintain all your MIC's and then SAVE it.

Hope this works.

Regards...............

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the response.

Whatever you have told, I know this. My basic query if is there is a way where I do not need to enter the MICs again and again to eac group. It's needed like I enter the four MICs and it is directly copied to all Inspection plan/ Groups altogether once.

Regards,

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. There is no mass update.

CWBQM can make it easier to work through the necessary plans but you still basically have to do them one by one.  If you are adding all four you can do the first one, then do a copy & paste into the others.  That will help but you will still have to step through steps like adding a sampling plan.

If the plans are similar, you might find it easier to create new plans entirely, (i.e. a new group counter).  Edit your first plan, than use that as a copy model to create your other plans. They use CWBQM to block the old plans.  You'll also need to add the materials to the new plans which can be done in CWBQM.   So this might not speed up the time much.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

You only have option of replacing the existing one's but can not assign MIC's in Mass.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Everyone,

Thanks for your responses and confirming the same.

SO there is no way in standard to do this mass update. CWBQM is not good enough for this task.

Well, I had to do this assignment and I did this as all of you suggested i.e one by one

Closing the thread and rewarding you guys for the efforts made to strengthen my knowledge.

Regards,

ntn