cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see Documentation in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I am in the BAPI module and lookup one of the functions included in SAP, there is a Documentation tab present. I have seen another person's system that displays information when you go to that tab, but I am unable to see anything when I click on it. I have checked with several other people, and they too cannot see any information in that tab.

The person whose system does show documentation is unsure how it works on his system. Any ideas?? I am new to NW progrmming and think this documentation will help me in my job.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you use Internet Explorer 7? And the person who can display using IE 6?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe that may be the case. Is that relevant? If so, will changing my default browser to Fire Fox work?

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no, this will not help.

you can install SAPGUI 6.40 with patch level 21 or above. This should resolve your issue.

or.. uninstall IE7 and revert to IE6.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check that.

IE 7 has some new controls that will interact sometimes badly with SAPGUI. SAPGUI makes use of the IE controls so if you have a chance, deinstall IE 7 and stay with IE 6 until the next SAPGUI patchlevel.

Firefox will not help.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed.

We are experiencing the same issues at my site.

A new message back from SAP to me recently said that IE7 is not fully supported by any version of SAPGUI yet. I am sure Microsoft and SAP are pointing the finger at each other right now...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the information. Hope it doesn't take to long for this to be resolved.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are experiencing the same issues at my site.

> A new message back from SAP to me recently said that

> IE7 is not fully supported by any version of SAPGUI

> yet. I am sure Microsoft and SAP are pointing the

> finger at each other right now...

lol

I think the root cause of this is neither of them - but the fact, that SAPGUI uses MS-proprietary controls to do its work, which is basically a good idea of "modular development" but is based on assumptions that

- everyone uses Windows (which is not true)

- everyone uses the same version of those components (which can't be made sure)

- everyone follows the same strategy

There are more "issues" with IE 7 in the portal area also and also with certain types of BSPs - so if you have a chance by any means, avoid upgrading to IE 7.

--

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just for reference, there is an update on the SAP site for SAP GUI that I was directed to and installed. It is version 7.10. After installing this updated version, I am now able to see the documentation in SAP.

Of course, there may be other "side effect" with this version, but at least it adresses my original problem. Thanks to all for your input.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric for info.

On another thread, there was problem with 7.10, you should wait for SAPGUI 7.10 patch level 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Just for reference, there is an update on the SAP

> site for SAP GUI that I was directed to and

> installed. It is version 7.10. After installing

> this updated version, I am now able to see the

> documentation in SAP.

>

> Of course, there may be other "side effect" with this

> version, but at least it adresses my original

> problem. Thanks to all for your input.

Wer are using the 7.10 GUI as well, but are still experiencing spurrious issues with SAPHelp. My original message to SAP was regarding thes eproblems while using IE7 and the 7.10 GUI. Not to get your hopes down, but expect to see inconsistency with the HTML content in SAPGUI when running IE7.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joey,

Out of curiosity, is the IE 7 you are using the download from Microsoft or the one packaged with Windows Vista? As crazy as it seems, there is a difference between the 2, as the downloadable one does not actually alter all the objects in the OS. With Vista, there is only one copy of these controls and performance may be better. Just a thought. (I'm an IT person as well as a programmer).

Also, does anyone know which thread the other Eric was referring to? I would like to see what was said there as well.

Once again, thanks guys for making my first post so worthwhile!

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Joey,

>

> Out of curiosity, is the IE 7 you are using the

> download from Microsoft or the one packaged with

> Windows Vista? As crazy as it seems, there is a

> difference between the 2, as the downloadable one

> does not actually alter all the objects in the OS.

> With Vista, there is only one copy of these

> controls and performance may be better. Just a

> thought. (I'm an IT person as well as a

> programmer).

>

> Also, does anyone know which thread the other Eric

> was referring to? I would like to see what was said

> there as well.

>

> Once again, thanks guys for making my first post so

> worthwhile!

I think the other Eric was referring to my post form last week:

We have XP across our landscape, so it is the upgrade version. We do not have Vista deployed anywhere yet, not even in testing. It would make sense that Vista would perform better with teh imbedded IE7 than XP with an upgraded version, and the inconsistency seems more like a response issue than anything else.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there are not much differences between IE6 and IE7, visually, yes, with the new tabs and different GUI but that is almost all. So, this is why the upgrade files were so small (about 26MB is I remember).

So, even if this is small, the IE7 DLL that SAPGUI uses were made for multi-tabs and SAPGUI was not built with this new feature.