cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implict enhancements in WebDynpro Method?

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a very simple question. I've searched this forum and OSS, but have found nada.

I'd like to add an implicit enhancement to the end of a Webdynpro method. Specifically, to a method in the Component Controller.

I've done implicit enhancements many times before (in programs, function modules and class methods), but things seem to be strangely different in WebDynpro..

Normally, in the ABAP editor, you choose Edit > Enhancement Operations > Show Implicit Enhancements.

This displays dotted lines which you can right-click on, to create your enhancement.

No such menu item exists here. How do you achieve the same thing in Webdynpro ABAP?

thanks

Paul

ECC 6.0, Enh. Pack 6.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Switch to the Enhancement mode, input required properties, switch to the Methods tab and press on the respective button (Pre, Post, Overwrite) on the row of the method you want to enhance.

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you - I got it.

I expected to see the buttons at the top of the screen, not on the rows. Temporary blindness!

I wonder why Webdynpro does implicit enhancements in such a different way...?

kiitos

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no idea why but it is the same way for any ABAP class methods. I like having pre/post/overwrite methods, there are just some challenges with them (for example you can't call the original method from an overwrite method if you wanted to).

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

.. and it looks like you can't reuse the declarations / variables from the original method either!

Bleh. Give me the 'normal' implicit enhancements any day.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Please refer the link below

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/700317da-bd79-2c10-368e-8f18bf5d8...

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama