cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT Replication - subsequent change 'read from single client'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an SLT replication configured from an ECC 6 system to a HANA system. Having built HANA models which are consumed in BW Virtual Providers, and reached UAT in a new production system we discovered the setting 'read from single client' had been missed in production only (it's set in dev and test). As it's only affecting master data tables, we have applied a temporary 'band-aid' by adding a client filter to the attribute views in the models.

My question is how could we now apply the change to a single client? Would it required recreating the connection? We have tried stopping the replication, but the setting remains greyed out. I would prefer not to apply a filter in the replication, but realise I can if I have to.

Thanks,
Ken

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

have a look at this note: 1898479

I think this is the solution

Best,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tobias. It's a little more complicated than I had hoped, as you have to implement a new program, but is obviously the way to go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is anyone able to open the sap note it says document not released to me

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

We have similar scenario Multi-Client where in there are two clients in single source SAP ABAP system and connection type is RFC based and target is also abap, but we could not perform initial load. SLT Load Statistics reports data loaded but we could not see the data in target system table and when we re-try initial load, result will be duplicate key error

other settings are as follows

RFC Connection is client based or client specific

Allow multiple usage is checked as per the Note

Read from single client is unchecked

but when Read from single client is checked Generated trigger source code is based on client but Active trigger source code is non-client based and we were able to perform initial load without any errors

Request your inputs and additional prerequisites or conditions applicable

Thanks

Shyam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias

We are facing the same issue where we need to read from single client, however, we are not able to open the OSS note. Is there another OSS note in place instead?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,
this note is not available any longer.
Find here a short description about how to procced:

1. In both the tables IUUC_MT_HEADER and IUUC_REPL_CONFIG, set the respective fields CLIENT_SPECIFIC and RFC_CLIENT_ONLY to X. This needs to be done using a Z report or in SE16, as this table content is not accessible with some other User Interface
  2. Run report IUUC_REDEFINE_DB_TRIGGERS for the corresponding mass transfer
  3. Make sure that no logging table records referring to other clients for which replication should not any longer be done are left
  4. Regenerate the runtime objects as described in note 2109952