cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Proxy Communication Channel Conversion Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please Help me out .Would be very grateful.

I am to Develop an Async Proxy to JDBC Scenario in which data Flows from SAP to an SQL Server Database. Both the Sender and Reciever Datatypes have the type as XSD:String. With everything Done when we are trying to send Data from SAP. The Reciever Communication Channel gives an error that

Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'TEMP_MOVEMENT' (structure 'Statement'): com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Conversion failed when converting the varchar value '80.00000000000000 ' to data type int.

Had a talk with the SQL team and changed the Datatype for the Field to String.But Still gives the Sames Error.

Please find the SceenShot attached of the error Report..

Please Help me out what needs to be done and please let me know if you need any other information

Thank you all

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Promit,

have you checked the definition used for the stored procedure? Maybe there the field is still declared as an int. In that case you need to adapt the stored procedure, too.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jorg.. The DB had to Change the Stored Procedure and Change the Datatype from Int to numeric.

Thanks a ton

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Share your input values to DB team and ask them to insert with their end, you will find where the issues is exactly.

Regards,

Manigandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you your Suggestion was hugely  helpfull.. really Helped to find out the actual area of Issue and Resolve it .

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Great Thank you.

Regards,

Manigandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you sure ur DB team has changed the data type of this field to varchar?

In addition to that, make sure that the order of the fields/elements defined in PI exactly matches the order of the parameters created in SP/table.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the DB Team has changed the Data type to Varchar.Also Checked the Order of the Datatype with the DB Structure.. All seems to be ok.. But Still gives the error

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Share your data (Payload) which is sending from PI to DB team, ask them to insert that data from DB team itself. You can find the problem easily where the issue is presist.

Regards,

Manigandan