SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit on-boarding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is it mandatory to add the 'Bank Details ID for Incoming Payments' EBVTY to the contract account together with the payment method for direct debit? or is it enough to use the payment method if I dont need to send the account number to the respective bank?

Thanks!

Mario.

2 REPLIES 2

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

I am not very clear what do you mean by Account number-Is it the contract Account number or the Bank Account Number of the customer?

I assume its the bank account number of the customer;So, if you don't send the bank account number, how will the bank know which account to be debited.

Standard SAP allows you to perform a Direct debit even if you don't fill the Bank Details ID, if you have not put the Bank Details as a required master record specifications in the SPRO config-

SPRO-->Financial Accounting-->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-->Business Transactions-->Payments-->Incoming/Outgoing Payment Creation-->Define Payment Methods.

Select the Country and then the Direct debit payment method and click on display.

In here you will find the Bank Details options as one of the Required master record specifications.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

If you configure more than one bank details in a business partner for different reasons like EFT refund, direct debit etc, it is always preferable to assign the bank details ID in contract account level each for incoming and outgoing payment.

Also, in order to inform the bank about customer's direct debit bank account details, EBVTY needs to be maintained.

This would send correct information to bank.

Regards,

Bodhisattwa