cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between basis and BW basis?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can somebody summarize the differences here?

Thanks a lot! Points ready.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

I hope I have got your question correctly.

I think BW Basis is part of general term called SAP Basis. SAP Basis includes a lot of activities which range from SAP system landscape design,system installation, integration to system maintainance. It also includes taks like DB and OS maintainance, CTS,Authorization, performance tuning,clients maintainance,job adminsitration and lot of other activities.

A BW Basis conssultant will be expected to do all this but additionally he should also have indepth knowledge of BW concepts. Concepts like Data Modelling, its integration with other systems etc,BW administration. So BW basis consists of normal SAP Basis plus BW specific areas.

Hope this helps.

Please award points if it was useful.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will comment as say that BW Administration is separate from BW Basis. BW Basis and SAP Basis are the same, with exception understanding the tools and workings of BW versus ECC, SRM, CRM etc... Each work a little differently causing the Basis Administrator to understand the tools and terminology.

But my main point here is BW Admin is different from BW Basis. One can know both, but they do differ.

Hope this helps.