cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost points post rejection of document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of my documents was rejected by moderators (not sure about the reason, may be I am not able to find the relevant mail). I guess the screenshots were not visible at the time of the rejection.

I have now uploaded the document again but my reputation points have not been credited to me. Can you please let me know why the points are not being re-credited ?

Here is the link to the document for which 10 points have not been credited to me after re-upload.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-47605

Regards

Neha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra, Jurgen

Thanks for the reply.

@ Jurgen... I aint able to find the mail/notes which mentions the rejection notes . If it has been rejected for the reason that content is present on http://saphrqna.blogspot.de/2013_03_24_archive.html, then just a bad luck, coz I am the author of that blog (http://saphrqna.blogspot). Is there any way I can get to know the rejection comments?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you clicked DISMISS when you received the notification, then there will be no chance to see the note anymore. Not even the moderator who rejected it can see his note made to a rejection.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To support what says, if you are the author of the other blog, I recommend including that in your document - otherwise moderators will see a copy and paste.

You could simply add at the end a note that says "this is cross-posted from http://saphrqna.blogspot"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy. Done that on the post ! Awaiting final confirmation from the moderators now.

Regards

Neha.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It was released and thanks for adding the note about it being an authorized re-posting: this is incredibly important for notifying moderators that this is a legitimate copy and also external considerations: there are potential penalties by search engines for having duplicate content on a site.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason. Point noted. However, I have not got back the lost points. Can you please confirm when will the points be credited to me for the release of this document ? Thank you.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I see it on your points history: http://scn.sap.com/reputation.jspa?username=neha_chopra&viewID=history (Look past a few recent entries).

Actually, I was wrong: the points were not restored. I thought editing and then republishing would help but it didn't. Let's call and to determine why the points on your document weren't restored after the abuse report rejection was reversed.

Message was edited by: Jason Lax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tx Jason for your help. Will await response from Laure and Sean.

Meanwhile, can you pls share what changes did you make to document ? I aint able to compare the versions coz of restrictions - "the document body was too large to do a version comparison"

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I removed the word "Introduction" at the beginning: it's redundant given a document always starts with a an intro or overview, and negatively affects SEO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason for clarifying..

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for all the help and pointers shared with me to get my issue finally resolved . I

Regards

Neha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone please let me know who is moderating the documents.. the document was initially approved and now again rejected and I am facing lots of issue to understand the reason of dismission

Regards

Neha.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Neha - You were contacted offline about this and the actions were carried out today. You should receive a new note soon.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

has been moved back to  (un-moderated space)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason, Thanks a lot for your help.

My concern is that time again the document is getting rejected/approved/rejected. This is the 3rd time this has happened. Even after mentioning on the footnote that some part of the content has been taken by "my" blog, the document got rejected. I aint sure how the moderation mechanism runs, but I am presuming that the document is getting moderated time again and each time, it is linked to my blog and gets rejected, which results in loss of my points, which are never credited back...

I have already lost 20 points coz of this 3rd time rejection and approval. How do I get those points re-credited  ? And is there any way that I do not face the same situation again ? Please advise. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would also like to highlight that I do not get to see any comments on dismissal of content (document / discussion etc) ! The rejection note is sent with a generic / standard msg, which doesn't leave any scope in understanding as to where the gap is.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

/   - Any comment on why points were not re-credited?

Neha: if no reply if provided by the end of the week, please create a case by e-mailing sapnetwork@sap.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason for all the help.

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

It is expected behavior that once content is rejected via an abuse report, editing it and republishing it doesn't result in point assignment. Otherwise we would encourage people to do this again and again, hoping that no one notices, and getting points all along.

I am checking with the team to see if we are willing to make an exception here, since this content is yours and it is staying.

I'll reach out to you personally via email once we've made a decision.

Regards,

Laure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura

Thanks for the reply. As shared with you, I have lost around 20 points due to this multiple moderations for no fault of mine. Would await your email on the decision.

Regards

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

We've uploaded 20 points to your account to make up for the rejection after investigation. You should see it in your point history now. Please let us know in case of any further questions.

Regards,

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean

Thanks for your reply.

I can now see that the points have been credited back to me. Hope that the document will not be rejected again.

Regards

Neha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura/Sean

Can you please confirm if my lost points have been credited ? Thank you.

Laure Cetin and Sean Yang

Regards

Neha.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Click in the Actions Icon on top right of the forum, at the next page click notifications.

Here you should find the information about the rejection. Hopefully the moderator has given some notes.

Maybe the moderator has just taken a part of text from the introduction and searched with Google and found this http://saphrqna.blogspot.de/2013_03_24_archive.html

And as you can see your first section is 1:1 identical

Not sure what you expect how much of a blog a moderator should evaluate....maybe you can give your opinion.

Not sure if it is a bug or a feature that the 10 points do not get re-assigned when publishing the document again. From a moderator point of view I tend to a feature.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Neha, you are correct point got reduced from your total points after rejection of your document but not added after re-uploading of document.

I checked same thing in your reputation also. Here is the snap-shot for the same.