Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to move Universe from one system to other

Hi All,

Basically am a ABAPer, am new to SAP BI/BO environment. I am facing an issue in BO Report, i followed the below procedure for creating and moving the report:

1) I have created a secured connection in universe using already existing cube in BI, and given login credentials of DEV system.

2) Saved the universe in BOD(development folder).

3) Created report in Webi Tool using the above universe, i got data everything working fine in DEV system.

4) I moved(Promoted) the Webi report from DEV to PRD using LCM(Life Cycle Management), i cant see the universe in Manage Dependency part of universe, i don't know whether we can move universe using LCM.

5) After moving the Webi report to PRD system i created another connection in DEV with connection type as Shared. And used this connection for the universe which is in DEV and selected Save for all user check box and saved the universe in BOP(production folder).

6) And Opened the universe in PRD system and selected the secured connection, and exported the Universe.

7) When i run the Webi Report in PRD system no data is coming. i even tested whether data is available for the date given in cube level also, data is available in cube level.

I tested the connection in universe parameter also, it is working fine. what would be the reason for not getting the data?. Am i following correct step in moving the universe to PRD. Please shed some light on this issue, and help me to solve this.

Regards,

Rithika.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question