Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxes not calculated in MIR7

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I have an issue I am not able to understand the requirement of user. He just sent a mail stating that

While trying to do GR against the PO xxxxxxxxxx, it is prompting required Commercial Inv. No. and in such type of cases SAP doesn't calculate taxes while doing MIR7 so that request pls update and confirm.

I am not able to solve this, Guys I am new to SAP. Please help me on this.

Regards,

Bhanu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we maintain vendor excise details in J1ID. Will this be resolved?

23 REPLIES 23

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we maintain vendor excise details in J1ID. Will this be resolved?

0 Kudos

Hi,

If the system is asking for commercial invoice number while doing GR, it is import purchase where the condition type inserted in MM pricing (JCV1) is linked to CVD in config. Normally, in import procedure, the tax code will be zero tax code and hence the tax value will be shown as zero. The import duties will be calculated through the condition types included in the MM pricing.

Regards,

AKPT

0 Kudos

Actually there are no excise details maintained for that vendor.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please check the tax values in PO? Is it showing any value?

Regards,

AKPT

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi,

In your screenshot, its clear that the total tax value is zero in PO. If the total tax value in PO is zero, the same will be calculated in MIRO or MIR7 also. There is nothing wrong in excise config.

'

Regards,

AKPT

0 Kudos

Thanks AKPT,

Thanks for your reply .

Regards,

Bhanu

0 Kudos

Dear Bhanu

Apart from thanking AKPT, if his answer has helped you, pl be gracious enough to mark his reply as helpful. If this fully answers your query, please mark it as correct answer.

Regards

Pronojit Gupta

0 Kudos

Yes will do that wen i get confirmed with the answer.

Regards,

Bhanu

0 Kudos

HI,

In Import procurement in any case can we do GR without doing MIRO for customs?

Regards,

Bhanu

0 Kudos

It is a scenario where they are procuring non valuated material

0 Kudos

Hi,

There are cases if there is any service person or vendor who will pay all the customs duties to the authority and receive the goods from the port. After that he will supply the goods to the company along with the customs invoice. It depends on how the business is running.

In normal case of import, first the customs miro, then GR. Please check with the business persons, how they are following.

Regards,

AKPT

0 Kudos

Yes, we can do IR without GR to clear the custom duties and than we can clear the IR for supplier.

0 Kudos

Hi AKPT,

The problem is the CVD condition types are also zero as shown the screen shot and when i enter the po number in the GR the excise invoice tab is not getting activated. what may be the reason for not getting invoice tab in MIGO. Please help me

0 Kudos

Hi,

The answer is there in your comment. If there is no excise related condition types activated in PO, excise tab wont come in MIGO. Maintain values for the excise related condition types (like CVD, ACD, SAD etc)  in the PO manually and test the scenario again.

Initially you told system is asking for commercial invoice number while doing GR, so I hope all other excise settings are fine.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhanu ,

For Import Scenario , we need to do IR first for customs clearance & then we do the GR.

Once this is done we need to capture the input credit for CVD & SAD.

After this we need to do IR for the Vendor.

Hence in import scenario while you are trying to do GRN , system is asking commercial invoice i.e. IR No. of the customs.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

Paritosh Das

0 Kudos

But the CVD is zero in my case

0 Kudos

Hi,

If the CVD is zero, why you want excise tab in migo???

Reagrds,

AKPT

0 Kudos

The user is entering the Excise value in MIGO manually like bed etc in excise item tab.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you refer the correct commercial invoice number and year in the pop up in migo?

Other than that, check the following:

1. Maintain the excise condition types in PO.

In J1ID, Check the following:

1.Material Chapter id Combination.

2.CENVAT determination

3.Vendor Excise Details with excise indicator for vendor as 1

4.Excise indicator for Plant

5.Excise Tax Rate for the chapter id.

Reagrds,

AKPT

0 Kudos

Ya I have checked and evrything is fine. Now when the user enters the BED value manually in migo and saves it and when he does MIR7 he wants the taxes given in migo automatically. How to get the values automatically. Guys Please help me

Regards,

Bhanu

0 Kudos

Hi,

In import scenario, normally, the import duties will be entered in MM pricing in PO. The CVD is linked to the excise. But the other conditions (like BED, cess on bed etc) are like delivery cost conditions. These conditions inserted in MM pricing are not linked to excise.

In import scenario, the BED should be entered while creating the commercial invoice in planned delivery cost in MIRO, not while doing GR, as of my knowledge. If you have already posted one, you can very well post one more miro with planned delivery cost.

In MIRO, the taxes will come from tax code, but in import PO case, zero tax code is used in PO as well as MIRO.

Hope its clear.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

GUys please help its urgent