cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problem deploying custom module at PI 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Could someone please let me know how to deploy custom ejb module (EJB 3.0) using NWDS onto PI 7.31 Java Server? I followed the blog by Vinay at /docs/DOC-44536. When I completed the deployment my EJB appears in Root/appclient-environment of PI Java server instead of "localejbs".

Could you please let me know what should be done to deploy the ejb at "localejbs"? Could someone explain how to update the ejb-jar.xml file?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chrismills
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Agree with Stefan, EJB 2.1 worked for me on PI 7.31 SP 6.

Here's a link to a repository I saved a dummy template adapter module that just writes a log entry:

https://github.com/chrismills/SAPPITestModule

In the top line of the ejb-jar.xml you can see it references EJB 2.1

https://github.com/chrismills/SAPPITestModule/blob/master/ejbModule/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris, thanks for your reply. I'll refer your test module and post the result. Thanks again.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know, adapter modules should be created as EJB 2.1

I know in PI 7.11 it must be EJB 2.1 and the same adapter modules run in PI 7.31 too.

Try using EJB 2.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephan, thanks for your reply. I suppose I should try with EJB 2.1.

Nevertheless  the blog by Vinay at

/docs/DOC-44536 appears a lot simpler compared to using EJB 2.1

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually every step in this block is like EJB 2.1. I do not see any difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

I am not trying to disagree with you. I was just trying to avoid the complications of EJB 2.1.

The advantage of EJB 3.0 is

"EJBs are now plain old Java objects (POJO) that expose regular business interfaces (POJI), and there is no requirement for home interfaces."

where as in EJB 2.1 we have to implement these home interfaces.

"The EJB 2.x specification requires that the component interface must extend an interface from the EJB framework package, and the business logic implementation class must implement an interface from the EJB framework package. These requirements create a tight coupling between the developer-written code and the interface classes from the EJB framework package. It also requires the implementation of several unnecessary callback methods (ejbCreate, ejbPassivate, ejbActivate) not directly related to the main design goal of the EJB, and the handling of unnecessary exceptions."

I may be over enthusiastic

Thanks again for your reply.